twenty eight

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHTaurora's true soulmate

aurora's true soulmate

PEOPLE THINK A SOULMATE IS YOUR PERFECT FIT, and that's what everyone wants

PEOPLE THINK A SOULMATE IS YOUR PERFECT FIT, and that's what everyone wants. but a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. a true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake.

aurora always believed that her soulmate would be a prince charming that will risk his kingdom to save her, that was until she met annabeth chase.

seven year old aurora looked over at the new girl, she had curly black hair and was relatively short. everyone at the camp was talking about her and the new boy— apparently there was another girl with them, one of the forbidden children that turned into a tree.

"hi," aurora smiled at the girl, walking over to where the girl was sitting.

"hi?" annabeth furrowed her brows, she assumed that the girl would ask her questions about what happened to her.

"i'm aurora," her eyes sparkled. "i'm aphrodite's daughter, and you are?"

"i'm annabeth, athena's daughter." she hesitated for a moment before responding.

aurora's eyes widened with awe. "athena? that's so cool! do you know a lot of smart stuff? can you teach me?" she bounced on her heels, eager to befriend the daughter of the goddess of wisdom.

"yeah, i know a few things." annabeth shrugged, she was pretty bright for her age.

"do you want to come play with us?" aurora offered. "a few of us are playing hide and seek, i can also introduce you to my best friend clarisse." she extended her hand.

"i guess," annabeth responded, taking the girl's hand and standing up.

aurora led annabeth through the camp, her small hand tightly holding onto the daughter of athena's. the sun cast a warm glow over the scene as they approached a group of children running around the place. clarisse, a sturdy and bold girl, looked up when she saw aurora.