Chapter 8 The bleak situation

After sniffing, he continued,

"In fact, if it weren't for the protection of my father's comrades and my mother's leaders and co-workers, I might not have survived to get here.

But people's help is a favor, I always have to rely on myself.

I thought, for me, it doesn't matter whether I'm from the city or the countryside, I'm alone, as long as I'm alive."

Liu Weimin and the others also heard that

First, he is an orphan, but he is the descendant of a martyr;

Second, although he came here, he is not helpless;

Third, he has practiced for a few years and has some skills;

Fourth, he may not be short of money.

Liujiatun has always been poor, and the commune has not arranged educated youth for him in recent years. The two did not think too much. The child did not look unreasonable, so it should not be a problem in their village. No matter how poor, the food rations for this child can be squeezed out.

"My child, when you come to Liujiatun, you are a member of Liujiatun. Just treat it as your own home. There is no one in our village who is cunning and treacherous. They are all hardworking and can endure hardships. There is no bad intention, but almost none of them have been to school and few of them can read. If those old women say something unpleasant, just tell your uncle and he will tell them."

It is impossible to say that it is simple and completely reassuring. After all, I have only come into contact with these two people so far. It is not advisable to see the whole picture through a tube.

"Uncle, you see, don't you treat me as an outsider by saying this? Whose elders don't tell their children? I don't know anything now. Don't I have to learn everything from my aunts and aunts? If you say this, how can I go there with a thick face?"

"Haha, you child."

Liujiatun is indeed the poorest. It took more than an hour to get to Xiangyang Commune from Anji County, and the road in the county is relatively flat.

When we arrived at Xiangyang Commune, Jiandan saw that the sun was about to move westward, and secretly glanced at the watch. It was 2:50 in the afternoon.

The August sun released its residual heat without mercy. The two people in the car no longer had the energy to talk. They were drooping their heads, and only sighed at the wasteland on the roadside from time to time. Their lips were dry and cracked with small cuts. When they spoke, bright red blood almost seeped out. They obviously didn't bring any water, and judging from the empty car, they probably didn't bring any food either.

Thinking of the drought just mentioned, her heart sank. Is it so serious?

"Uncle, how far is it to the village?"

Liu Weimin turned around and pointed at the house behind him,

"See, that's the commune over there. Just keep going along this road and go around the mountain in front, and you'll be there."

Jian Jian looked for a long time with her super-standard vision of 5.2, but she couldn't even see the shadow of the mountain. Liu Sanye said,

"It's still far away. It will take more than three hours by oxcart. If you are tired, just lie down for a while."

Jian Jian curled her lips,

"It will be troublesome to go out."

"Hahaha, our village is remote, but not isolated from the world. Normally, I will drive out once a month. If the villagers have something to do, most of them follow the car, and some get up early and walk."

After a few words, there were several bloody streaks on his lips, but his expression did not change at all. It was obvious that he had gotten used to it. Jian Jian was heartbroken.

Sure enough, no matter how much the books say, it is still more real to see it with your own eyes and experience it in person.

The bag beside his legs was just a set of daily necessities. He took out a peeling enamel pot from it. After thinking for a while, he found a military kettle. It was half new, but it was well protected. It was brought back by Jian Liye a few years ago. The original owner always treated it as a treasure. There was still a lot of water in it.

He unscrewed the lid and poured most of the water into the enamel pot. The gurgling sound of water seemed to bring a ray of coolness to the scorching torture. The two people couldn't help but cast their eyes over, and their lips moved unconsciously.

The little girl turned around, holding the military water bottle in one hand and a large enamel pot in the other, exuding a wisp of cool air.

"Third Master, Uncle, I forgot that I also brought water. I said this bag is so heavy. Here,"

Liu Weimin swallowed his saliva and refused insincerely.

"No, no, no, we are used to it. You should put it away and drink it yourself. Put it away."

But his eyes were still uncontrollably unable to move away. Jiandan did not persuade him much.

"Uncle, I can't carry it anymore!"

Coincidentally, the old ox also cooperated. The ox cart was really bumpy. Liu Weimin quickly took the pot and held it steadily with both hands. Not a drop spilled.

Jian Dan tilted his head and drank the remaining water in the kettle. The enamel pot was still firmly in his hand, and he sighed, "Uncle, believe me, there is always a way out." He simply flipped through his bag, took out another pot, and shook it, "Look, I still have some." He also winked at him. Mr. Liu San in front of him was already a little shaky, and pointed to the sky. Liu Weimin didn't insist, and he moved forward and simply put the water to the old man's mouth. He didn't allow him to refuse, so he started to drink most of it. The old man was afraid of spilling it, so he didn't dare to move. It was very smooth, but he looked distressed after drinking it. Liu Weimin looked at the remaining bottom, thought about it, and made up his mind to clean it up himself. He felt very distressed.

"You said that your child is very precious now. It would be a waste if you gave it to us."

He simply tied the bundle,

"Uncle, I don't like what you said. Everyone's life is life. Falling on the ground can moisten the crops, let alone people. How can it be a waste?

It's so hot today, it's easy to get heatstroke.

Let's say something unpleasant, don't be unhappy, you don't eat or drink, yes, you can save a few mouthfuls, and then you don't take care of your body. What if, let's say, what if you fall down, what will you do to your aunt at home, what will happen to the children?

In this severe drought, the family has lost its pillar. You let your aunt, a woman, cry out to the heavens and the earth for help, but nothing can be done. What, is the whole family waiting to die? "

"Don't say this is selfish.

Apart from anything else, yes, you are the village chief, and it is your responsibility to lead the villagers to survive, provided that you are alive. If you, the backbone, are gone, then there will be no leader, and the villagers will have no hope. "

"My words are harsh. Uncle, you and the third master are experienced and have experienced a lot. Naturally, you understand these principles, but you just can't bear to see the villagers suffer.

Uncle, believe me, there is always a way out."

The ox cart swayed slowly, mixed with the crisp voice of the girl.

Liujiatun is the poorest village in Xiangyang Commune. In recent years, there have not been a large number of educated youths sent to the countryside to join the production team. The few scattered ones have also been distributed to wealthy villages. So strictly speaking, Jian is the first batch of educated youths in Liujiatun, and the first, the only one in the first batch, and the only one so far.