Chapter 58 I'm No Worse Than Them

The old man sniffed hard,

"This really smells like bean curd?"

The old lady passed the basket under his nose,

"Look, isn't this it?"

"Hey, why... isn't it, this was sent by little Jian?"

"Yes, she said she would send one for us and one for Weimin, and she left without even entering the house."

The old man was used to her generosity. It was impossible for the whole family to eat this tea tray. Jian knew it well, but each person could taste a few. The two children were still looking at them eagerly. The old lady felt a little distressed that they had already finished their meal. They could eat it for a whole day tomorrow.

But after looking at it, she felt more distressed for the children.

"Come on, each of you eat two, and the rest will be eaten tomorrow."

The adults were reluctant to give up, and the two children took small bites, their eyes full of surprise at having eaten something good,

"Milky, sweet, and delicious."

The old lady pinched a little bean filling and put it on the tip of her tongue to taste it,

"Oh, this child has put too much sugar in it!"

When they heard that there was sugar, the two children ate it more carefully, one bite at a time, chewing the bean filling for a long time and holding it in their mouths for a long time before they were willing to swallow it. It took more than half an hour to eat two half-cold bean buns, and Liu Guangming glanced at them from time to time. His desire to eat was also very obvious, but after all, he was a father, so he still looked good?

After returning from Liu Weimin's house, when we arrived at the Youth Educator's Home, we could see the warm yellow light from the door of the home, and the kitchen was already steaming.

Li Yan and Lin Zhaodi, who had just returned, were cleaning the table. After all, Tan Yajun had been in the countryside for several years, and these jobs were familiar to her. Chen Jianguo was excited to move firewood into the house, and it looked lively.

With a small pot of bean curd, Tan Yajun made a pot of shredded potato soup, adding a little oil and a little salt, it was very fresh.

Except for Tan Yajun who was still very reserved at the beginning, but the few people didn't say anything polite, she relaxed after a while, and collapsed after eating and drinking. Chen Jianguo sighed,

"When can we eat so much every day?"

"Yes, we went to the countryside just to have a full stomach."

"After the New Year, we will go to work, and we don't know how tired it will be."

It's true that two batches of educated youth have not caught up with the proper work.

"I don't know. When I came, it was almost harvest time. The crops were not growing well, so it must be different from previous years."

Only Tan Yajun had a say in this topic.

"All the crops here are dry fields. In spring, we have to turn the soil and apply fertilizer, the pure farmyard manure. Then we plant the crops. During this period, we have to get up at dawn and go to work directly.

We work for more than three hours, then come back to cook and eat. When we go again in the morning, the sun will be there. Even though it's spring, it's still very hot. Sometimes we don't do as much as we did in the morning. The better we work, the more tired we are.

The sun is especially hot here at noon, so we have to rest a little longer at noon, and we go to work in the afternoon until it's almost dark."

"Get up at dawn to work?"

"Yes, but it's only like this during the spring farming days. It's not usually like this. Use, all in normal time.

Then watering, waiting for the seedlings to emerge, to see if there are any that have not emerged well, or if there are any that have been missed, then add seedlings again.

Then when the seedlings are up, the daily task is to weed, and the weeds come out one after another.

It's okay when the seedlings are small, but when the corn seedlings grow up, as soon as you enter the corn field, the corn leaves will scratch your face, and then the sweat will come, oh, that feeling, it was hot at that time, if you wrap too much, it will be stuffy, if you don't wrap, at the end of the day, there is almost no good place on your body, and you have to wash several times after work to wash it clean.

When the seedlings are established, the weeds will be removed every few days, and we will follow the villagers to open up wasteland, and it should be the same here.

It's that land, there are stones, sand and everything, and you can't dig it with a shovel. When I first came here, , I gritted my teeth and persisted in going to the fields, but later I cried because of the land reclamation. "

"Summer is okay, but autumn is the most tiring time.

At first, I didn't know how to use force to pick corn ears. Others just broke them off, but I didn't know how to break them, so I twisted them in circles, which made me anxious. Others finished their work, but I hadn't taken a few steps. They went home after work, but I was breaking them by myself in the hot sun.

I finally caught up with them and just breathed a sigh of relief. It was time to go to work in the afternoon. I had no choice but to bite the bullet and follow them. When I got home after work, my legs were not my own. On my hands, there were big blisters, transparent blood blisters, and large and small cuts. My fingertips were all cracked.

I rested for a night, and I couldn't get up at all when I got up the next morning I won't come. My legs are so heavy, and so are my arms. My hands are sore and painful. My fingers hurt when I move them. I have to soak them in a basin of water for half a day until they are soft before I dare to move. Otherwise, they will crack if I move too much. The bubbles have to be picked open early. If they are damaged while working, the tender meat inside will come out directly. When they come into contact with the corn and corn leaves, it hurts so much that tears come out at that moment. "

"After breaking the corn, fill a basket with corn and carry it to the field. After everything is done, cut the corn stalks. This is easier. Just cut them and put them in a row. The wind blows. When the autumn harvest is done, it's time to bundle them.

Sometimes I cut the corn stalks first. At that time, there are still corns on them. They are heavy and piled up. Then I lie on them and dig for corn to break.

Anyway, neither is easy, especially for those who have never done it before, so be mentally prepared.

The most common crops here are corn, sorghum, potatoes, and sweet potatoes. Sometimes, we also grow some soybeans, but not much. The yield is low, and we have to keep an eye on them in the fall. If the weather is good, they will explode easily. If we don't keep an eye on them, they will be wasted.

I think potatoes and sweet potatoes are relatively easy to do. When pulling out the seedlings, the men use pickaxes or forks to dig them out, and the women follow behind to pick them up, and then carry them to the edge of the field.

Anyway, my biggest gain in the past few years is that I have mastered this farm work. Now I can't say that I can lift everything, but I'm not much worse than them. The women here can lift nine or ten centimeters, and I can do it too.

I'm not afraid of you laughing at me. When I was there, although I had a partner, I did all the farm work by myself without any discount. However, it is true that the villagers were less hostile. After all, I am half of their own people, and they are embarrassed to be too much. "

The tone was very calm, without any complaints or pity, but it already made several people stunned. Well, they thought it was too simple.

Li Yan stuttered,

"No, Tan Zhiqing, how did you survive?"