Chapter 17 The Commune Cries

Liu Weimin was also very sad. One third, isn't that life-threatening?

Several dejected village heads were forced to take a few more educated youths before they left. They were afraid that they would make trouble, so they were told to take them when they left. They had to take them even if they didn't want to.

As a result, several people sat on the ground and cried on the spot.

"Secretary, are you going to drive us to death? We worked so hard to water the crops this year, but the harvest was less than a quarter of that in previous years. We have to pay so much public grain, and we gave it to so many people who eat for free...

Secretary, how do you let us live?"

Once they started, the others couldn't help it. It has only been a few years since they went to the countryside, and there haven't been many problems yet, but it is true that they can't do farm work and divide the rations.

"Secretary, you know the situation of each of our villages.

The crops have been dry since they were planted. We rely on people to carry water from the river with shoulder poles. The crops have been wilting all summer. Nothing has come up. The corn cobs in the autumn harvest are all empty.

You said that one-third is not a small number. What can we pay?

How can the people survive?"

"This summer, ten kilograms of food was eaten by a dozen people for more than a month. The mountains were all bald."

"No one in our village starved to death. A boy was forced to go into the mountains and never came out..."

The secretary of the commune was a man in his forties, with a dark complexion and protruding cheekbones. He was a retired veteran. He limped with his left leg and frowned.

"I know, I know , I know everyone's difficulties. Not only our Xiangyang Commune, but also the entire Anji County and the entire Linbei Province are in a similar situation. I went to the meeting and heard the same news.

Comrades, the country is facing difficulties now. We are guarding the land and forests, which are all natural treasures. We should always have more hope than our worker brothers.

Comrades, I hope everyone can overcome the spirit of not fearing hardship and fatigue, make use of existing conditions, and be self-reliant.

Everyone's hard work is known, and now we are trying to solve it for everyone. Hang on, the difficulties are temporary, and the country's construction still needs everyone to contribute. "

Seeing that these words were dead, there was no way out. Several people also saw that there was no way out. The steps of leaving were heavier, and the eyes looking at the educated youth were not very friendly.

Several educated youth were shocked by the scene just now. Before they could recover, they could only follow their respective village heads blankly.

Liu Weimin always thought that his village was the poorest. Today, when he heard that people in other villages had starved to death, his simple status was instantly raised by two meters.

I was thankful again that I believed Jiandan's words, otherwise, he would be the one who became famous because of this today.

Thinking of this, I felt a little better, and I didn't even think about the worries of paying public grain.

No matter what, the lives of the villagers were saved.

Because of Jiandan, I liked the three educated youths a lot more.