Chapter 23 Paying public grain, huge package

The most tiring work of tying corn stalks in autumn is reduced by half, and the remaining work of tying corn stalks is basically not difficult, but just a mechanical action. For the villagers, it is an ordinary job that cannot be more ordinary.

The corn stalks cut during the autumn harvest are spread out on the ridges to dry. The weather is dry now, and they are almost dry these days.

Adult men squat, stretch out their arms to hug everything they can reach, put the straw rope that has been twisted long ago around the waist, and tie it up with one pull, one twist, and one plug.

There are special people behind to carry these bundles to the edge of the field, leaving enough food for the old ox for a whole winter. The rest is also part of the villagers' firewood like food.

However, the village chief still habitually reminded,

"Don't pile corn stalks next to the firewood room, don't pile them next to things that are easy to catch fire."

"I know, village chief."

"I know, I know, pile them outside the door."

Chen Jianguo foolishly followed him for two days, and finally couldn't help asking,

"Why can't we pile them next to the firewood room? Aren't they all used to burn firewood? Does this have a special purpose?"

Li Yan and Lin Zhaodi also had a vague idea, but they didn't dare to ask, and looked at Jian Dan.

Jian Dan also recently found out why,

"Which one is more likely to catch fire, the corn stalks or the branches we picked up?"

"Corn stalks."

"So what do you think, if there is a spark and the corn stalks catch fire, what will happen?"

Several people,

"Corn stalks will connect to the woodshed, which is usually next to the room..."

Jian Dan shrugged,

"Besides, many houses are covered with grass, which is more flammable."

The three people looked at each other and immediately felt a cold sweat.

The weather was too dry, and all the plants did not grow well. The only benefit was that there was less follow-up work. In addition to corn stalks, there was no other big work.

After this was done, Liu Weimin organized people to deliver public grain.

Seeing that the sweet potatoes and potatoes that they had worked hard for a summer, carrying water from two kilometers away and watering them bit by bit were all lifted onto ox carts or shoulder poles, they were all silent.

Liu Weimin was not feeling well either.

"Fellow villagers, I believe that God will not let the sparrow starve to death. Go back and clean up your house. We will go into the mountains tomorrow."

There was only one wheeled cart in the village, which was the ox cart that Liu Sanye usually drove. It was full of grain. The old man's distressed expression was too obvious, but he couldn't say anything about the shoulder poles on the shoulders of the villagers.

Jiandan had originally planned to go to the commune in the past few days. He estimated that Zhu Yan's things should have arrived. Now he couldn't take the car, but he would probably come back empty. After thinking about it, he decided to set off with the main force.

The ox cart in front and the mighty shoulder pole team behind it showed that they were going to pay the public grain. There were also people who cast envious eyes on the road. The full bags were all grain.