Chapter 21 Going up the mountain to collect firewood, encountering Red Mushroom

It was still cloudless outside. The old lady took a look and continued to work.

"I don't know what this winter will be like. If it's still so dry, it will be even harder next year."

"No, isn't the weather more normal recently? Maybe it will snow in a few days.

You are right to prepare first. We will go to collect firewood in a while. In case the mountain is really blocked by heavy snow, we will have something to burn."

"Yes, it's getting cold, so we have to prepare?"

She said with concern, looking simple,

"Have you prepared everything? Did you bring cotton clothes? Did you bring cotton shoes? Is the quilt thick enough? The mattress doesn't need to be too thick. The hot kang won't make you feel cold underneath. The cover on top needs to be thicker.

The windows here are not tight. We have to seal the window gaps these days. The northwest wind is still strong in winter, and it blows straight in. When you go to sleep, your feet will whimper. The howling wind is blocked by this thick quilt. "

Jian Dan muttered,

"I brought a quilt, which should be enough. My room is small, and the uncles wiped it for me quite tightly. I will try the windows when I have time.

My sister brought me a set of cotton-padded clothes and trousers. I will be careful when the time comes and make sure they don't get wet.

I think I brought an old pair of cotton-padded shoes. I will go back and check them later.

Third grandma, what if I can't make them?"

The feeling of whispering obviously made the old lady very happy, and she whispered,

"If you want to make them, I will make them for you. Let me tell you, my craftsmanship is the best in the village. Your uncle Guangming and your third grandfather are willing to wear the shoes I make."

The tone of voice was restored,

"Your aunt has made shoes for your third grandfather. Isn't it that wearing the shoes I make is suitable for your feet?"

Jian Dan felt the sweet dog food coming all over.

"Hey, Third Grandma, Third Grandpa likes the shoes you make?"

The old lady couldn't help hitting her with the fluttering shoes with a strange voice,

"You little girl, you're teasing the old lady."

Just then, the three educated youths also picked out their things, and Jiandan ran away directly, shouting from a distance,

"Third Grandma, I'll come over another day."

Looking at this intimate look, Li Yan couldn't help but show envy.

"Jian Zhiqing, are you familiar with this family?"

"It's okay, I just get familiar with it after dealing with it more often."

Jiandan didn't want to dwell on this issue,

"Have you chosen?"

Several people showed the backpacks on their backs,

"We've chosen, and the rest will be delivered to you in the evening. Take out the backpacks first. Let's go quickly, we've wasted a lot of time."

There were still villagers picking firewood at the foot of the mountain, and Jiandan led them in openly along the way the villagers usually went up the mountain.

The nearby areas were picked up by the villagers early, and only when you go further in will you find thin branches that have fallen one after another.

"Those thin ones have to accumulate little by little, and the thick ones have to go inward. This year's drought has caused the trees on the periphery to be half dead. When the weather gets colder and the wind is stronger, dead branches will fall down one after another or be blown off by the wind.