Chapter 44

Adira and Matt exited the plane with hands entangled, Matt holding both their bags, and Adira leaning heavily against him but her eyes lit up when she say Alex, Jo, and all her kids about twenty yards down the airport terminal. Alex was holding flowers and Jo a camera whereas each of the kids were holding a sign: Jeremiah's said "Welcome," Joshua's said "Home," James's said "Mom," Jedidiah's said "Dad," and Justice's said "And." Adira and Matt laughed as James quickly rearranged Justice and Jedidiah. Adira couldn't take it any longer; she pulled away from Matt and sprinted to the kids. "Wait!" started Justice. "Jo said we can't move till we take a picture!"

Matt joined them as they all smiled for Jo. Adira quickly hugged each of her kids before turning to Alex. "You're still alive," she joked, accepting his flowers with a smirk.

"Barely," he whispered.

"Thank you," said Matt as he joined Adira. "We got you something for your troubles." Adira pulled an envelope out of one of their carry on backpacks. "Enjoy," she said before pulling out a bottle of wine. She gave both of the presents to Jo.

"Adira, you didn't have to do that," started Jo.

"Thanks," said Alex as he grabbed Jo's hand. "Love you."

Adira's love you was lost in the chorus of love yous from the children. Jo and Alex started to walk away but Joshua went running after them, throwing himself at Jo, and wrapping his arms tightly around her waist. "I love you too, Auntie Jo. Thanks for hanging out for me."

She dropped to her knees and returned the hug. "I love you too. You're welcome to my house anytime, okay buddy?"

He smiled, "Okay!" He returned back to his family.

Adira picked up Jedidiah, who could barely walk because he was yawning so much, Matt picked up Jeremiah, who was a little to big to be carried, but could barely keep his eyes open, and James's helped Justice climb on Joshua's back. "Let's go home," stated Matt, after picking up their luggage.

"Mmmm, that has never sound so good," replied Adira.

...

Adira left Matt take her hand. He smiled at her over the expanse of heads between them. Joshua was right in front of Adira, then James, Justice, Jeremiah, and Jedidiah was snuggled up with Matt. "I love you," he mouthed.

"I love you too," she whispered back.

"Tomorrow, when ever we get up, I'll make us all breakfast then I was thinking about taking the three oldest over to my apartment and then finish packing all my stuff. Then, I can bring my dog too. Then, we have basketball at three, correct?"

"Yes, but they need to be there at two thirty. They need--"

"Their basketball bags. Shoes. Calf-high black socks. Water bottle with ice. Sweat towel. Blue Gatorade for Joshua and red for Jeremiah. An extra shirt for both of them along with their jersey. Should wear black for neutral color shorts. No crazy patterns because last time," he chuckled. "The kids complained he got distracted."

"You are amazing. What's your dog's name again?"

"Ruckus. He is a husky. Black and white. He sheds like crazy. He eats whenever I eat--"

"So, every two hours?" she laughed. 

"Ouch. But, what are you thoughts on letting the dog out on the couch?"

"No. we can get a few blankets and keep one on every couch, fair compromise?" He nodded. "Do we need a fence?" she whispered. 

"No, Ruckus is trained very well. We worked together for awhile but he had to retire because his sense of smell dwindled. His hearing is some of the best and he doesn't bark a lot. Loves kids but not so much older people. So, he doesn't even do well with my parents or anything like that. We will need to put a water dish outside, on the main level, and in our room."