Chapter 14

Alex opened up Adira's door and slammed it behind him. Adira looked up as Alex locked the door. Adira gave him a confused look before she finished packing her bags. "They hide here when they don't know what else to do, so why can't I?" He questioned loudly.

"Define they," replied Adira calmly.

"Hunt. Derek. Mer. Yang. Bailey. I've seen Robbins and Torres in here too."

"What or who are you hiding from?" She asked, putting all of the baby toys in one bag. She took a deep breath, rubbing her tummy. It was hurting again today.

"Jo. My girlfriend. She's been acting crazy for the past twenty four hours."

Jedidiah started to cry so Alex unconsciously picked him up off the bed and held him against his chest. "Define crazy," replied Adira as she started to pick up all of her son's scattered kids books that went from her bed to the other side of the room to in the bathroom.

"She's been a sex manic and I can't do it anymore. She's never been like this before!" Adira rolled her eyes as he continued. “Like normally I am all about but this girl never stops! LikeI got no sleep yesterday night and a couple of minutes ago she grabbed my ass and told me to meet her in the on call room. We just did it thirty minutes ago!”

Adira chuckled. “Alex, she’s probably just going to get her period and most girls don’t like to have sex on their period and periods make hormones do crazy things.”

Alex sighed. “This is a cute kid.”

“Well, thanks,” she chirped as she finished picking up all the picture books. “I worked for nine months on the little peanut.” Alex laughed. Adira sighed and stooped down to peck Jedidiah’s forehead. “He is pretty cute, isn’t he?”

Alex leaned back in his chair, getting comfortable and propped his legs back on the bed, letting Jedidiah snuggle into his chest. “Where’s the other baby?”

“She’s in the day care. I was thinking of going to get her soon but I still have a lot to clean plus the little guy.”

“I can stick around till I get paged,” offered Alex. “I happen to be pretty good with kids.” Adira smiled at him.

“I have no doubt. So, tell me about yourself, Alex.”

“Whatcha wanna know?” He replied.

“Just start talking.”

“Well, I raised at a bar as I like to say,” he didn’t know why but he started talking and never stopped. Everything started to come out. “My mother was schizophrenic and my father was a drunk. Not an alcoholic because he never didn’t have alcohol in his system, so he is classified as a drunk. He left and then there was me taking care of my younger brother Aaron and my younger sister Amber. I confronted my abusive father. Almost killed the man, but I didn’t know what else to do, Adira. He was getting scarier and scarier and if anyone was going to do something, it had to be me. Then, Some bad things happened and my mother lost custody of us and then we were thrown into foster homes. Well, Aaron and Amber went directly into foster homes and I went to juvenile detention for stealing food for my family. I stayed there before being released into a foster home. First one was an abusive man who was trying to get some. Then, it went downhill from there. I was misbehaving, I know it, but some of those houses were really bad. Some just wanted the money, some just wanted a worker, and a few wanted some perverted things. There was about four good ones, out of the seventeen I stayed at, that were good, solid homes. I had a favorite. A family of five. The Crockers. They were a real family, ya know, like the ones you see on tv. I messed up on accident at school because one day I thought that it was cool to lose my virginity to the school nurse. When we went for round three, or seven, a couple days later, we got caught because we forgot to lock the door. I got expelled from the school and immediately removed from that foster home and taken about two counties away. I sometimes think about them. I’ll see someone like them in the hospital or the ER, but they were different. They were a no questions asked kinda love. That was the first time I ever had something like that. Five years into my foster care days I was reunited with my siblings but something was wrong. Aaron was acting weird and one night, I woke up to Amber screaming. Aaron had tried to kill her. He was sitting on top of her, trying to strangle Amber. I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him off. Thank God I was a good wrestler because I got him restrained and had Amber call nine one one. She was a mess but I was eighteen so I had to sign him into a psychiatric ward. It was probably the hardest thing I had to ever do. Boards wasn’t even that hard. I stayed with Amber and threw myself into wrestling like I never had before. I won state. I succeeded in something and that was wrestling. I loved the sport. It saved me from doing some pretty bad things.” He stopped and looked up Adira, surprised to find no judgment in her eyes.