12:Secrets

Mom's phone ringed and she answered it.

"Hello", she said. "Oh,uh but I can't", She worriedly ended the call.

"What happened mom?", I asked her raising my eyebrows.

"Hon, Your dad and I have an urgent meeting in New York..today and tomorrow", Mom said.

"Mom! Not again! Who's gonna be with me for the night in the hospital and tomorrow too?", I crossed my arms.

"I know darl-", she was interrupted by Jackson.

Say it say it.

"I can be here. I..I mean if you guys want", Jackson nervously said. 

"Jackson, you're such a sweetheart", mom pulled his cheek. He smiled.

"But mom come back as soon as possible", I said.

"Okay", she chuckled. "Take care", she kissed me on the forehead and left.

Dad waved me goodbye from outside the window. I smiled at him.

Me and Jackson were alone in the room with an awkward silence. He broke the silence by dragging the stool near my bed.

"Listen Sandy..I..I want to tell you a secret", he said.

"..Go on", I said.

He took a deep breath and started. 

"Okay,so now as we are friends I want to tell you that..that I'm not..not Jackson Wilson", he blurted out.

I started to back off a little bit.

"Hey hey I swear i'm not a gang leader or anything, i'm not that cliche", he chuckled.

he took a break for 2 seconds and looked at me.

"hey Sandra, I'm Edward Wilson", he told me.

"No, you're Jackson..i had a head injury and  you're the one forgetting things and we already know each other", I narrowed my eyes.

he chuckled, "my name is not Jackson, it's Edward. My parents are very very rich and own one of the top businesses because of that i am the target of some dangerous people and there have  been several murder attempts on me..but when we moved here I changed my name so no one would know it's me. For you, Parker, Jacob I'm Edward Wilson and for the world I'm Jackson Wilson. You get it?", he raised his eyebrows.

"Woah..Jack-Edward, it must be hard to live like that", I raised my eyebrows.
"I know..", he nodded.

"So...by the way Wh-who is that girl whom you like though?", I asked him. 

"Uh..oh..she. She didn't like me back",he replied nervously.

"Oh..don't worry I'm sure you'll find some one you deserve", I smiled.

he looked me in the eyes for a long time and i swear on my life that i heard him say, "i thought i already did"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------