eight

I laid my head on Dinah's shoulder as she flipped to another Netflix show. Her hand went inside of the back of my shirt, pulling me closer to her.

"So, babe." I spoke up.

Even though her attention was on the screen in front of us, she responded with a soft, "Mm."

"My Mom and Dad want us to come to visit them in Santa Ana during Thanksiving Break." It was a new piece of news even I just found out.

My mom called me early one morning asking how everything was here. I told her everything except about Dinah. They never even found out during graduation. I didn't feel the need to tell them since I planned on sneaking off with her in the middle of the night to get away. All I said was I wanted them to meet someone and they were all about it.

I was just hoping Dinah would be 'all about it'.

"Oh." She still didn't even give me a bit of her attention.

"Wow, you sound excited."

She paused the show and pushed me away, "What the hell do you want me to say?"

"Dinah, chill." Why was she acting like this? "I was just joking."

"Well, how about you quit joking for one minute and be serious."

"Where's all of this coming from?" My confusion was only building.

"Quit asking me questions and just watch the fucking show." She leaned back on the bed and pressed play on the show again.

"I'm not watching a show with you." I shook my head, grabbing my blanket to get off of the bed. "I don't like angry Dinah. Get some fucking humor and then call me back in here."

"Baby," Dinah whined.

I flipped her off without looking back and guided myself out to the living room to lay down and cool off.

Why the fuck did she get so mental over the thought of my parents? I swear, she's good one minute and then she can turn into an utter bitch the next minute.

I laid back and looked at the ceiling as I began counting back from ten to calm my nerves.

I whispered to myself, "10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5..." I felt myself begin to relax just a bit.

I heard a voice who continued to count down with me from the hall, "Four... three... two... one." We said in sync.

I looked over in the hall to see Dinah who now only had on panties and a bra.

I wasn't amused because I knew she would use sex to weasel her way back to me. She knew she was wrong and this is how she made up for it but I didn't want it. I just wanted a plain apology and explanation. Sex isn't always the answer.

Dinah sat on the end of the couch to crawl and top and straddle me over my blanket. Her lips met my neck and I just laid there, stiffly. I didn't want to move or encourage her. "I'm sorry, baby." She moved over to the other side of my neck, "Please come back to the room."

"No."

"Why not?" She sighed out.

I shook my head and looked into her dark brown eyes, "Because you just blew up on me. You've been doing that a lot lately. If I annoy you, just tell me. I'm tired of always feeling like shit when something bothers you."

She pursed her lips and nodded, pushing her thick, blonde hair out pf her face. "I know. It's happened a lot."

"Damn straight. It's a bad habit that you need to break."