thirty

5:15 AM

I was shaken as a wake up call by Dinah. Although for a while, I tried to pretend like I didn't feel the aggressive movement on my body because I just wanted at least five more minutes to sleep.

"Y/N! I KNOW YOU'RE AWAKE!" Dinah screamed in my ear, making me groan. "There you go, baby girl. Now, get yo pretty ess up and pick out a outfit for today while I take a shower because you're next in there." She tapped my ass to try and get more of my attention, "I mean it. Get up."

I slumped my way out of the comfortable and warm bed to start walking towards the closet about ten feet away, although, it felt like a good fifty feet this morning. I began pushing through a copious amount of hangers to scavenge through and find something that would be considered dress-code acceptable, even though most of Dinah's and my wardrobe was very skimpy at this point. Only because we both tried to out-do each other when dressing up to see who could make who drool over the other one more.

While I was searching for a outfit, I heard my phone go off on my nightstand. I decided that the red dress would be acceptable enough to go out in public with today. I slowly trekked back to the bed and plopped back down on the bed to grab my phone and check it while I wait my turn for a warm shower. Although, it's very possible that there won't be any hot water left since Dinah has so often used all of it up before I ever get a chance to step in.

I unlocked my phone and opened the message app to see four new messages from Lauren and I knew exactly what they were going to be about.

Dinah and I had left town so fast that I never got the chance to mention to the girls that I was leaving. Not that I would want to because I'm sure they would try to stop me.

I clicked on her name and cringed to see the messages that more than likely would not be happy.

Laur: Y/N!

Laur: Girl..... seriously?

Laur: ok so since you're not talking to me. I'll talk to you. Normani told me that you left town w Dinah to go back home?!?!? Like,.,., I'm not mad that you're back with her. Trust me, I'm not. I support it, but I'm actually really upset at you for the fact that you didn't even say goodbye to your best friend. that's all.

Laur: fuck. I can't sleep until you message me. I'm so sad. tf 😪

I took a deep breath and prepared myself to explain why I made those choices that obviously meant a lot to her.

Y/N: I know I should've said goodbye & I thought about it over a thousand times. even on the plane it was a regret that I knew would bug me all the way here. and you're right. you are my best friend, but that's why it would've hurt to bad to say goodbye like the last time.

Laur: babe, i kno it hurts bc i don't like that you have to leave me (and the girls) but promise me that you'll say goodbye next time.

Y/N: I promise I will :)

Laur: then we are all good. stay safe, mama 💘 i love you

I actually felt better about myself and the way I left things with her. I was telling her the truth when I said that it hurt to say goodbye to her. It always has. The slight thought of saying goodbye and having that be the last memory I have of her is something I've always tried to stay away from. That's why I appreciate that Lauren didn't make it too much of a big deal and let me explain my reasoning.

Soon after Lauren's and my conversation ended, Dinah walked out of the steaming bathroom. I turned around to see her dripping body wrapped in a fluffy white towel, from the Santa Ana hotel. Her blonde hair was dripping on her shoulders and she walked over to kiss my cheek before heading towards the closet, "You're next, beautiful." Her husky voice broke a little, which I thought was cute.

+

a/n:

I KNOW THIS IS SHORT BUTTTTTT..... THE REST OF THIS STORY IS BASICALLY REALLY FLUFFY AND BEAUTIFUL AND I'M SO EXCITED BECAUSE IT'S GONNA BE THE BEST ENDING I'VE EVER WROTE BC DINAH IS MY FAVE AND I WANT THIS TO BE SO SPECIAL :)

- AGF