twenty-two

WEEK TWO

Lauren was forcing me to eat some quesadillas since I had sworn off food for the past few days since the break up. I just haven't been that hungry, but she won't let me lose vital nutrients, or so she says.

While sitting in the dining room, waiting for my meal, I scrolled through my Twitter feed. Well, that was until a notification popped up on the top of my screen that said 'Baby Jane'.

Baby Jane: y/n.

Y/N: hm?

Baby Jane: are you over yourself yet?

Y/N: 😒

Baby Jane: guess not

Y/N: is that all?

Baby Jane: I miss you

Y/N: I miss you too

Baby Jane: can I meet you somewhere?

Y/N: where?

Baby Jane: you know that self car wash on the corner of Olive and Pollock. Right?

Y/N: yeah.

Baby Jane: meet me there in 15 minutes.

I looked into the living room where the girls were sharing laughs and sipping on their drinks. After turning off the skillet where Lauren was fixing my food, I tip toed towards the front door to grab Lauren's jacket and keys. My hand met with the knob and I did what I could to keep it quiet as the gears turned.

I'm sure they won't miss me too much.

--

Lauren's car hurried down the street when I realized it would probably be a fifteen minute drive exactly and I didn't really want to be too late. I needed to see her and know she was physically alright. I missed her more than I thought I would, but maybe seeing her for a measly second could hold me off for a while.

I parked my car on one side of the car wash. I peered out of my windshield to see if I could notice Dinah's car somewhere. Just as I was about to call her, she walked out from behind one of the brick walls.

She was in a baggy hoodie and pair of jeans that were rolled up above her ankles. Her blonde hair was up in a high but messy bun, but she still looked as flawless as ever. I never quite understood how she did that.

I got out of the vehicle to hear her laugh, "Nice ride. Did you grand theft auto a person to get here?"

I scratched the back of my neck and shook my head as my steps got closer, "Nope. I just jacked Lauren's car. They didn't even notice."

That was until my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I walked up to Dinah to lean her against the wall as my lips met hers for a 'welcome' kiss. Her hands trailed down to the top of my pants and she felt the vibration. "Guess they noticed sooner than you thought."

I rolled my eyes and turned around to pull the phone out from my back pocket, answer it, and hold it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I answered softly.

"Where the hell are you?" Lauren asked with a harsh voice. "You were supposed to be going to the fridge to get some water."

"Listen, Lo. Can we talk about this when I get back?"

"No." She protested in a frustrating manner. "And why the fuck did you take my car? Where are you?"

"McDonalds. You want something?" I lied, hoping this would get her off my ass.