eleven

YOUR POV

I stretched my muscles tiredly as I began to wake up to a new day. I felt out for Dinah but she wasn't there but I had a feeling I knew where she was.

After slipping one of Dinah's jersey's on, I walked out into the hallway and the aroma of bacon and eggs filled my nostrils.

I tip toed onto the cold wood floor of the kitchen/dining room to see Dinah tending to food in a skillet with a spatula, still unaware I was awake.

As she transferred the eggs onto a plate, I quietly walked up to wrap my arms around her waist and press a surprising kiss or two on her neck.

"Morning." Dinah laughed softly, setting her hand over my arm.

"Morning." I replied giving her one more kiss before letting go to walk to the table so she could serve me.

She brought the plates of food over along with some new plates so we could pile on what we wanted. After she prayed over the food, like always, we dug in.

"So, how was your night?" Dinah asked me curiously after swallowing down the eggs she had just put in her mouth.

I looked down at what I was piercing with my fork and shrugged, "It was good. I smoked and watched a movie before I got really sleepy. How was your date with Coach Tandy?"

"It wasn't a date!" She protectively replied but noticed how upset she was getting and calmed down. "It just wasn't."

"Jesus, what's got you so shook up?"

Dinah smiled over at me, "You want some milk?"

I knew something was up now just because she was trying to change the subject. That's the only way I could tell she was hiding something.

I got up and followed her to the fridge. Before she could reach in, I slammed the door shut so she'd have to look at me. "What happened last night that you aren't telling me?"

Dinah sighed out deeply, mentally putting pieces together. "Tandy tried to kiss me."

That son of a bitch. Keep your cool, Y/N. Just listen to her before you run off and pull a 'Lauren'.

I clenched my jaw in anger to try to keep my true emotions from coming out, "Did you let him?"

Dinah vigorously shook her head, "No. I would never. I thought it was supposed to be a friendly hangout."

"Friendly, my ass." I snarled before walking back to the table to sit down.

DJ opened the fridge once more to pull out a gallon of milk. "Look, shouldn't you be happy that I stopped him instead of being upset that the date even happened?" After pulling down two glasses from the cupboard, she began pouring the milk for herself and I. "I know you weren't happy with the date to begin with which is why you distanced yourself all night."

"What? So, you're mad because I didn't text you all night?" I bit back at her. "Pardon me for being hurt that my Girlfriend didn't listen to me about the fact that there's nothing just 'friendly' about a guy like that. I'm sorry I wasn't able to text you and keep up a conversation while my heart was breaking."

"But you could smoke to get over it? Really?" Dinah had no ability to try and fight with me. She knew what she did was wrong but being so stubborn, she continued to pursue the fight. "Makes a lot of sense."

"You know what, Dinah?" I pushed my plate away from me to lean back in my chair, "I'm just telling you how I felt which is what you always want me to do. I told you I didn't want you to go on the date but you assured me that it was just a friendly moment. Did you not?"

"I-"

"Answer the fucking question. Did you or did you not say this was going to be a friendly date?"

Dinah looked down at the floor and frowned, "Yes, I did."

"So, give me a reason why I shouldn't be mad that Coach Tandy tried to make a move on my girlfriend." She didn't say anything. She knew she was wrong. And I felt bad that I was being so harsh to her. I sighed out deeply before getting back up to go over to the kitchen counter that Dinah was leaned against. I pressed my front into hers and nudged her chin up so that she could look at me. When her eyes met mine, I could see how upset she was about this whole event. She didn't even have to tell me. Those beautiful, brown, puppy dog eyes were all that I needed to see. "Look, I know you didn't mean for that night to turn out like that. Okay? I'm sorry for getting so worked up, it's just-. Dinah, you may be older but sometimes you think too much of people and don't really look further to see who they really are until something like this happens. I know you are really smart but sometimes you should just listen to me because there are times when I'm not dyslexic and I actually know what I'm talking about." I joked, trying to get her to smile, and I did. "I know you just wanted to see that game but I would've rather you went and not have been taken advantage of. Ya know?" She nodded, still as silent as before. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry, too." She frowned. 

"Don't be." I sighed out, "Just smile and let's continue our breakfast." I pecked her lips lightly. "Okay?"

A small smirk began in the corner of her mouth and she nodded, letting me lead her back over to the table after I grabbed my full glass of milk.

We sat down and continued eating in a comfortable silence before I decided to speak up again and start a brand new conversation.

"The girls are really excited to meet you officially when we get back to Santa Ana." I took another forkful of eggs and put it in my mouth.

Her eyebrow raised at me, "Who said I was going to meet your friends?"

"I did and so did they." I smiled. "You do remember when Normani said 'we will kill you if you hurt Y/N', right?" Dinah nodded. "She's not fucking joking. They want to know who you are."

"Isn't that going to be weird? I was your teacher." Dinah messed with the food on her plate before picking up a slice of bacon to bite off a piece.

"Possibly."

After a few moments of her contemplating the event she sighed out in defeat, "Fine. I'll do it."

"Yes." I exclaimed happily. "Now, to our next order of business..."

"Ugh." Dinah groaned, "The day just started. Can't this wait?"

I shook my head, "No, this is serious. And I need you to keep an open mind when I ask you."

"Fine." She sipped her milk. "Ask away."

I took a deep breath, knowing that Dinah will probably get just as upset as she was last time. "Have you thought over the fact that my parents want to meet you?"

"Y/N-"

"No, Dinah." I stopped her before she could give me a big speech. "My parents are actually really accepting and  they've always supported me even though they've never been around. I want you to meet them and I want them to meet you." She studied me for a moment as she crossed her arms. I pushed my bottom lip out to pout and sighed, "Please, baby Jane."

Hearing my nickname made her smile uncontrollably and eventually she gave in, "Fine."

"Yas!" I cheered. "You're the best."

"I better be." She responded in a stern tone.

+

a/n:

1.8k babes! had to update as a little celebration 🎉

-agf