seventeen

YOUR POV

I had just got back home from a long day of substituting the most annoying classes in the world. When I walked into the apartment, I saw my Dinah sitting up, watching the TV, all cuddled up in her Blacks blanket.

I shut the door loudly which caused her head to turn towards me and a big smile appeared on her face. "It's amazing how you can have more work than an actual teacher." She mocked, patting the seat beside her.

"Yeah, yeah. Make fun of the unqualified sub." I replied as I threw my bag to the side, kicked my shoes off, and slumped over to the seat beside her.

Dinah wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled my legs up onto her lap. She began giving me little kisses on the cheek and I could hear each little peck she was giving to me.

She leaned herself back and continued to give me little pecks on the same
cheek, causing my eyes to roll in annoyance. "Are you done?"

"Mm-mm." She protested, continuing to kiss my cheek and hold the other side of my face so I couldn't move. "I missed you."

I was finally able to pull away and lay back on my couch comfortably but she followed my lead and straddled my lap to continue to plant small kisses on my cheek but then she began to alternate with my neck. I smiled a little bit more now because it was probably the cutest and sweetest thing that I've ever been a part of.

Her hand turned my cheek so that way she could begin to trail kisses over to my lips. Once she connected her lips to mine, I was a goner. Her plump lips locked with mine an inexact amount of times before turned my head and she began kissing my cheek once more.

"Seriously, stop D. I want to go take my shower." I groaned, annoyed yet highly intrigued by this cute moment.

"Nuh-uh." She responded.

"Please." I begged. I usually would always be down for kissing and loving up on her, but I felt so grumpy and gross from being at that school all day. I just didn't want to be too intimate while being afraid I smelt like teenage hormones and stress.

Dinah sat up on my lap and pushed her long blonde hair out of her face. My hands rested on her thick hips as she looked over my face. "Gimme the best kiss of my life and I'll let you go take your shower."

"I think all of my kisses are the best you've ever had." I smirked.

"Think again." She joked as she leaned in closely, to cup my cheek.

I puckered my lips before connecting them fully with Dinah. For a second, we didn't move but I signaled her to move her lips against mine which caused a big fire start to ignite in my stomach.

An eternity later, Dinah pulled away to lick over her lips with her tongue and smirked. "That was pretty good."

I rolled my eyes at her harshly, "You know you love my kisses. Stop acting like that."

"Y/N!" Someone snapped their fingers in front of my face which broke me out of my day dream.

"Mama, you look so sad." My vision started to clear from the excessive tears to look at the person with the familiar voice.

It was Lauren. Her and Camila were the first to arrive to the waiting room with me. I had to text Lauren and tell her about what happened. I needed to talk to someone because I felt as though my heart was being ripped out of my chest. I was so confused and hurt. I never expected Dinah to be in this much pain.

I mean, I knew the headaches were pretty bad, but I never thought twice about it being life threatening.

"Dinah?" I whispered anxiously as I caught her body last minute but not before her head could tap the concrete. Her heavy limp body was making me fall to the ground. I did what I could to keep calm but i felt so helpless. "Dinah, baby. Wake up." I noticed she wasn't responding and the family door was still wide open.