twenty-three

WEEK THREE

A body collided with mine on Lauren's bed. I turned over to see a mischievous look on my friend's face. Before I could talk to her, Ally's body did the same thing to me as she jumped on the other side of bed.

"Ow, fuck." I groaned, pulling the black comforter up over my body. "Why are you two in here?"

Normani pulled herself close to me and snuggled on one side of my body as Ally spooned the other side.

"We have a proposition for you." Normani smirked, "Plus, it's cold in Lo's apartment and she won't let me use a blanket."

"Why not?"

"'Cause she knows I'm going to share it with Ally. And then she won't want it back."

"Can we skip this part of the conversation?" I groaned, trying to part myself from the two girls, but I had no luck.

Ally deeply exhaled in my ear, getting a little too comfy and starting to fall asleep against me. "She's right." Ally yawned. "Just move onto the proposition."

"Ugh, fine." Normani whined. "You remember when I said that I should take you to a kegger?"

"Oh God."

"Next week, we will be having a huge party. Anaheim is celebrating some school team for going to State, but that is just the lowkey excuse."

"What does this have to do with me?"

Normani pinched my side to hush me up, "This means that I am bringing all of squad to join me at the party to get shit faced."

"Do I have to?"

"Unless you want to find some new friends, I suggest you tag along next week." Normani sassily replied, leaning her chin against my shoulderblade. "Think of it as a vacation from the eternal school that is your life."

--

"Can you stop tagging me in shit on Facebook?" I said angrily through the receiver, talking to Lauren. "My phone froze from all of your notifications. I just got it to turn back on."

Lauren giggled lightly, "But there's so much funny stuff in the world. I'm trying to educate you in the art of humor."

"Well, you're being a little excessive." I rolled my eyes at my nails, and leaned against a large concrete pillar.

After a few short moments of silence, Lauren became serious. "So, when are you coming home? It's been all day."

In a joking manner, I responded. "Don't you have anything better to do than worry about me? Like sucking your girlfriend's face or something?"

"I'm not joking, Y/N." Lauren said solemnly. "I'm sorry. Come home."

TWELVE HOURS EARLIER

I had just woke up and decided to get up on my own. Lauren's annoying wake up calls are the last things I could deal with right now.

I looked at my phone, plugged in at the bedside table, and noticed there was a few recent notifications.

All from Dinah.

Baby Jane: almost a week since I've seen you and this sucks.

Baby Jane: i hate that I'm so emotional for you. My mom would call me a little bitch for being so gooey over you.

Baby Jane: wake up.

Baby Jane: I love you.

I hurried to yank the phone from the cord to bring it close enough to my
person so that I could reply.