nine

"Really?" Dinah said annoyed, "You almost die and you're worried about a date."

"Well, I'm not gonna be happy about a date." I reached into her bag to grab a new piece of minty gum since the last one almost killed me. After I put the piece of gum in my mouth, I got up to follow Dinah behind her desk as she sat back down to attend to her papers. I sat down on the desk beside her work and crossed my legs in the tight skirt, "You aren't really going, right?"

"Why wouldn't I?" She didn't give me her complete attention which worried me.

I cleared my throat, "Uhm excuse me, Hun. You do know what 'girlfriend' means, right? This ain't an open relationship."

"Isn't." She muttered under her breath.

"Girl, this is not the time to correct me." I sassed her.

Dinah whipped her long blonde hair to the other side of her head as she gave me her attention, "What's wrong with having a friendly date?"

"That guy is more than friendly and not to mention the fact that we are keeping our relationship on the down low for no reason. What's the issue there?"

"I don't want people in my business here like they were at the last school." Dinah admitted.

"So, you're gonna pretend to Coach Cutie that we aren't a thing?" I raised my brow to her.

"It's none of his business what you and I are."

"It is when you're planning on going out to a court side game with him. By the way, I never once heard you talk about some basketball game with me."

"That's cause you don't really watch sports." Dinah rolled her eyes.

"Doesn't mean I don't listen to you talk about them." I hopped off of the desk and looked over my girlfriend that was hurriedly checking off answers. "Do you like him?" I asked her softly. I just wanted to know if something has changed between her and him.

"He's just a co worker, Y/N. Nothing more." Dinah didn't even look at me which made me more fearful.

I didn't tell her what I was thinking, even though it was heartbreaking. She didn't really try to convince me. Usually she would look me in the eyes and tell me I'm the only one.

I didn't let her know how much it broke my heart.

I silently walked out of the room and left her alone so I could go back home.

But what I wanted more than anything was to relax with my friends.

--

I walked into the house and pulled my bag off of my shoulder to chuck it to the side.

I pulled my shirt off over my head while stepping out of my shoes to go to the bedroom.

I threw my shirt onto the messy bed before pulling my skirt off of my lower torso leaving me only in underwear.

I walked onto the cold tile of our bathroom and went straight to the tub to turn on the water and let it fill.

This whole day was already stressing me out with work but now Dinah is going out on dates with guys and it's not something I'm looking forward to.

While the tub slowly filled from the bottom with water, I squeezed in a little soap before walking back out into the bedroom.

I pressed the on button of the speaker before opening 'my drawer'. Inside, there's a small box that I keep my stash in. And by stash, I mean the weed I scored before moving down to this fucking place.