11

Dear Bully, 

It's been some time since Brian came to my rescue. He was like a knight in shining armour and I guess you didn't like that very much. I mean, I know you didn't like that very much. 

You cornered me today when the hallway was empty and when Brian wasn't around me to help me. Today was the day he wasn't my knight in shining armour. You whispered threats in my ear saying things like:

"Kill yourself, bitch. If you don't, I'll easily make you disappear myself."

You told me other things too but I'm repeating this so that these words haunt you as they do me. These letters will never come to your attention but a part of me hopes they will. I wanted to cry then, did you know that? I didn't know what I did to you to make you hate me so much. 

I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. I tried to walk away from you but you wouldn't have that. As soon as I showed signs of resistance, you slammed me into the lockers forcefully. I remember the feeling of pain, shooting up my arm and down my back. It hurt like hell but, there was no sign of guilt or remorse in those cold, dead lizard eyes of yours.  

You told me to 'stay away from your friends' and gave me one last shove before walking away. Apparently, Brian was your friend. Then, why did he help me? 

No one gave me an answer. I still remember you walking straight ahead, without even looking back out of sympathy. My legs gave way and I fell onto the floor in a heap, sobbing my heart out. I knew you heard it Xavier, I know you did, because a teacher came out of their classroom to see what was happening. 

So why didn't you help? Why didn't you turn around? 

Why Xavier? What did I ever do to you? 

Love, Anjana