14 (Non-Diary)

"I'd never given much thought to how I would die - though I'd had reason enough in the last few months - but even if I had, I would not have imagined it--"

The door bell rang right when I was about to finish off the sentence from the preface in Twilight. My parents had gone out which meant I was left alone. And the only one to open the door. Me being the quiet person that I am, started shaking slightly in fear as I walked to the front very slowly.

Has Xavier found my house?

With that disturbing thought in mind, I eventually reached the front door. I peeked through the hole and saw Brian rocking back and forth from his toes to his heels. I let out a big sigh of relief and put my hand over my chest to calm my racing heart. It was natural for me to get nervous like this, even in my own home because I never felt safe.

He was biting his lip and even from looking through the hole, I could easily tell that his brown eyes were filled with worry.

I opened the door with a deep frown and his head instantly shot up, his eyes instantly meeting mine. 

"Brian?" The confusion seeped through my voice and he chuckled nervously.

"Did you forget?"

I tilted my head to the side a little, trying to come up with what I supposedly 'forgot' about...when it clicked. My eyes widened and I gasped.

"Oh my gosh, the date!" I exclaimed, more to myself than him. He scratched the back of his neck with a sheepish curve of his lips but, I could see the hurt swirling in his eyes. I ushered him in quickly and apologised profusely before running into my room and slamming the door.

I leaned against my door and slapped myself in the forehead for being so forgetful. What a great way to start of the date, I thought. As I flicked through the limited outfits I had, I bit my lip. I had never been asked out in my entire life. Honestly, if it wasn't Brian, I don't think I would have ever said yes. 

But my mind and heart needed this. I needed some happiness in my life.

I decided to wear my fairy floss pink kurti top with puffy sleeves because I never got a chance to wear that at school anymore without being mocked. Letting my hair flow down my shoulders like a wavy curtain, I went in to the living room to see Brian seated on the leather couch, tapping his foot against the timber floors. He seemed jittery and I bit my lip wondering what he was thinking about.

Does he regret asking me out, now?

A part of me wanted him to regret asking me but the other half didn't. I let out a breath to calm myself down and tapped his shoulder, since he didn't realise I was standing right in front of him.

Brian jerked in his spot. "Shit!" Then, he surveyed me from head to toe, a small smile on his face. "You look cute."

I blushed. "Thank you." 

Leaving my parents a note on the kitchen table, I walked to the front door and opened it, letting Brian walk out first. Both of us were silent, deep in our own thoughts. I wanted to know what he was thinking about but most of all, I just wanted to run back to my room and read away my problems.

"Um..where are we going?" I asked curiously. 

Brian shot me a confident grin. "The park."

Unexpectedly, I smiled. I guess it was just nice of him to remember the small things I had told him.

***

The park Brian had brought me to was amazing. Somehow, being at the park with Brian's presence right next to me took away the slightest pain in my heart, even if it was just for a few hours.