33 (Non-Diary)

I came out of Biology class, shuffling behind everyone else. Usually I would be the last person to get out of the room especially since it was the last class of the day, I'd just take my time. But ever since Damien came to the school, he'd be behind me. I wasn't the last one this time, and for some reason, I liked the change of routine.

It had been three weeks already, since Damien had come to this school. In those three weeks, not only was Damien nice to me and not really to anyone else, but every time I saw Xavier he was always upset. Yet every time his eyes met with mine, he forced a smile. For me. And it warmed my heart that he would try to look happy for me...just..I never understood know why.

"Hey." A deep voice shook me out of my thoughts and startled, I whipped around, only to face Damien and his cobalt eyes. He had one hand on his bag strap and the other on the door knob; he looked so calm.

"Hi," I said, smiling a little. I was trying not to make it awkward but I knew I just did with the smile. I would have mentally face-palmed if the corner of his mouth had not quirked up into a smile.

"You're in the way," He gestured with his eyes to the left. My eyes trailing down to where he was looking, I saw that he was trying to close the door but I was standing in the middle of the doorway. My eyes widened at how I was day-dreaming without even moving, embarrassing myself further. I gasped and stepped back, laughing sheepishly.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered out. If I could turn red, this would be the moment I would turn bright red. Damien closed the door and raised an eyebrow, the stoic face everyone was scared of, facing to meet me.

"Relax, there's no need to apologize," His deep voice rumbled out of his chest and I gulped, nodding.

"Yeah..I was just day-dreaming," I slapped my head slightly, shooting him a genuine smile this time. His stoic face slowly softened and he broke out into a wide smile, and he chuckled shaking his head.

"I figured. You were making faces while you were looking into space." He said, amusement seeping through his tone and swirling in his eyes. I blinked in surprise.

I made faces while I was day-dreaming?! Oh goodness gooses...that's not embarrassing at all.

I closed my eyes in shame and covered my face with my hands, groaning into them a little. A chuckle made me lift my head and look through the gaps of my fingers at him.

"I'm sure no-one else noticed, don't worry."

I slowly lowered my hands,"I'm sure no-one else did...but you did! Which is still embarrassing," My pout turned into a bright unexpected smile that shocked me.

Damien stood there smirking at me before it faded. His eyes slowly and carefully studied my face, and usually this sort of thing would make me feel uncomfortable. But something was telling me that he wasn't judging me.

"You should smile more often," I looked at him in confusion as he turned and walked away.

"Why?" I asked him as his back turned to me. As I watched him, mid-way, he looked at me over his shoulder, a smile playing on his lips. A genuine smile that formed two dimples to form on his right cheek. A genuine smile that reached his eyes.

"Because....you're beautiful."

***

I was walking to the bus stop when I spotted Xavier. I hesitantly stepped towards him as I had a fear that he would walk away like before. He looked up, but didn't move as I moved closer to him. Looking at him in concern, I searched his eyes that seemed to be emotionless.

"...Are you okay?" I asked softly. I expected him to be rude to me, but as soon as those words left my mouth, his eyes softened and his eyes trailed my face. He let out a sigh and rubbed his face.

"Yeah, I'm...I will be fine," He said, his voice and words slightly muffled by his hand on his face. Gaining some sort of confidence in me, I reached out and pulled his hand away from his face, surprise etched across his face at my bold move.

My eyes widened before I quickly let go and stuttered out an apology. "I-I just...you can confide in me..you know that right?"

Xavier let out the tiniest of smiles and suddenly yanked me to him, hugging me tight causing my body to stiffen and my breath to hitch at the sudden contact. Xavier was hugging me. Hugging me.

My eyes widened and I was going to panic when I suddenly heard sobs rack Xavier's entire body. I gulped down my fear and it soon turned to worry as I rubbed his back comfortingly.

"Xavier..what's wrong?"

He pulled back slightly and harshly wiped off his tears, like he was angry at himself for crying.

"My ma...she's gone Anjana. She fucking left me." His voice cracked and he looked so heartbroken, it made me want to cry.

"I'm..."

"I don't wanna talk about it anymore." And I respected that. Instead, I let him hug me again and I sat him down with me on the bus benches, rubbing his back more and saying random stuff to get his mind off it for the time-being. Which worked because he joined in my random conversation ideas.

He pulled away and he was...surprisingly smiling and it made my heart swell with happiness that I managed to get him to smile after he was so upset.

"Hey..do you know Damien?" I asked, a smile playing at my lips at the mention of his name. He was kind to me..the past three weeks, he wasn't sickly sweet like Brian and he wasn't..sort of bipolar like Xavier. He was in the middle and that was all I wanted. A person who wasn't either of that.

Xavier furrowed his eyebrows as his brown eyes gazed at me and shook his head stiffly. "No. Why?"

"You should talk to him sometime! He's a really sweet guy," I said, unintentionally talking him up. It was true, I believed Xavier really should talk to him. People were scared of Damien because of the bad-ass aura he gave off and he never really talked to the others that much. Damien, to me, was really nice, and though I shouldn't be so gullible again and trust him so easily, I had a feeling that Damien wasn't a Brian sort of guy.

The bus came rolling to a stop near us and Xavier stood up. "Hmm. Maybe I will, maybe I won't." Xavier said coldly as he got on the bus, avoiding me completely. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I followed.

He was upset before...and then he was okay but now...he's acting weird again. What's with that?