BONUS- alternate ending

This chapter doesn't take place after a particular chapter BUT for this ending, the last few chapters don't apply or 'exist'. Hopefully that makes some sort of sense :DDD

This is for the readers that wanted Anjana to end up with Xavier and not Damien. 
___________________________________________________________________________

It was a fairly normal day. Quieter than usual and there weren't many people around but  it was the same as every other day nevertheless.

I was unexpectedly happy and content with my life. Damien and I were as close as best friends were, and the thought enlightened me. It was a friendship I thought I'd never have, after what happened with Serena.

My smile vanished as a gust of cold air slapped me across the face, causing me to shudder and my teeth to chatter uncontrollably. I don't know how long I was waiting for the bus to come but it felt like forever.

I got up to walk home when the loud honk of a car made me jump ten-feet into the air. I whipped my head to the side, my eyes colliding with the smouldering eyes that belonged to Xavier.

My eyes widened and I unintentionally gulped as a reflex. After the letter, I hadn't spoken to Xavier at all. And he didn't bother approaching me either.

After his...confession, I think he thought it'd be awkward and he was right.

I mean, if I had to be honest, I was still afraid of him..but he wasn't the Xavier he used to be. Of course, the old him come out from time to time, but it's as though he's learnt to tame it and just move on.

I went to speed walk away when another honk my way, made me freeze.

"Hey, Anjana," he said from the open window. His voice that I hadn't heard in ages, was hoarse and almost like a low grumble from his chest.

I managed a small smile and waved timidly. "Hi."

We were both staring at each other in silence now, carefully studying the other. His facial features softened as his eyes roved across my face.

It was embarrassing and I resisted the urge to look away..but ended up looking away anyway.

Clearing my throat, I pointed to the path that I was heading towards. "I-I should get going."

Turning around, I went to leave when his voice stopped me once again. "Do you really not believe me?"

Believe him?

Swivelling around slowly on my heels, I stared at him questioningly. "Believe..you?"

Xavier sighed and looked away, staring at his hands that were clutching the wheel tightly.

"Mhm," he hummed. He turned his head to look straight into my eyes, causing my breath to hitch at the intensity of his gaze. "Don't you believe anything I said? I know I'm a terrible person but..." He stopped himself and scoffed in disbelief, shaking his head, almost as if he was disappointed in himself.

My eyebrows were furrowed as I tried to figure out what he was saying. As if he realised that I had no clue what he was talking about, he ran a hand down his face and opened the car door to get out.

Gulping softly, I watched as he made his way closer to me, his eyes gluing me to the spot. When he was an arms length away, he stopped and licked his lips in hesitation.

"I..you know I'm sorry for everything right?" Upon seeing my downcast eyes, he hurriedly added, "I know sorry won't make up for all the things I did and I can never change the past but.."