24

Dear Bully,

Guess what? It's my birthday. I woke up this morning, with a huge smile on my face. My family gave me my presents  and hugged me and kissed me, like they always did. They love me Xavier. They're the only ones you don't have an effect on. You can't make them hate me. They never would.

It's been a week since Brian confessed to me. And this week has been the best, if I had to be honest. You were constantly there. Everywhere I looked, you were there. I don't know why, but it felt like you were trying to protect me..from what or from who, I don't know. But your presence was there. 

I was eating my birthday lunch under the big tree and I looked up to see you and your friends sitting on the table a few feet away from me. I'd never seen you sitting there before, and although you weren't looking at me, when I looked away at Serena and Brian who had come up to me to give me presents and a hug (something I wasn't used to) I could feel your gaze burning into the side of my head.

But...I don't know why you started it again now. Why on this day? 

You wanted to ruin my birthday, is that what you wanted? Is that why you started laughing with your friends after one of them decided to make a harsh comment? After one of them said "It's your birthday? Wow, should have kicked your mother in the fuckin womb to make sure you never existed ya wanker!" 

You were laughing so loud that your face was turning red..but your eyes didn't seem like it was into it. Your eyes shifted to me and it wasn't laughing but then your face changed and you shot me the rude finger asking me why I was staring at you.

I didn't say anything...Serena didn't say anything..neither did Brian. But I don't blame them. Brian told me later that day that he didn't want to say anything because I would get hurt. I'm not sure that was the reason why, but I let it go Xavier. You know why? Because I wanted to be nice. To be forgiving. Unlike you. Who can't even leave me alone on a special day. 

Love, Anjana