30

Dear Xavier,

TODAY. Today was a big day. I like to think it changed everything for me...I don't know about you. I know you weren't there from the start, so I'll give you a brief rundown of what happened before...you know what. 

I had seen Brian in the morning when I came into school and he wanted to talk to me. I ignored him though and told him that I never wanted to talk to him again and to leave me alone. He...got mad at me, said some threatening things and then left. I didn't really think much of it, because I associated 'following through with threats' with you rather than Brian. But I was wrong.

During lunch, he brought some of your friends and got them to pin me against the lockers. I was so scared Xavier and though a large crowd gathered around, no-one helped. I guess they were scared too. My hands are shaking right now as I write this. 

So Brian...punched me, can you believe it? The guy that helped me from you hurting me, was hurting me this time. I think that's what's hurting me the most.

Anyway..I was all bruised up and I had never experienced pain like that. Yes you hurt me, but not that much physically. I was coughing violently and spitting out blood and I vividly remember waiting for Brian's foot swinging straight for my head to hit my head...but it had never come. 

That's where you come in. I still can't believe it all happened but it did. You were holding Brian by the neck and punching him repeatedly in the face and you had this look of violent fury on your face. It scared me. 

You hurt him so much that I couldn't recognize his face, so I told you to stop. More like begged because it was like you weren't fully there. Your knuckles and hand was bleeding and cut and it caused me to panic because I honestly thought you were going to kill Brian and break your hand while you were at it. Though you were hurt, I was happy because you were trying to help me but I wasn't at the same time because..well you hurt yourself for me. It makes no sense yet it warms my heart just thinking about it now.

The funniest thing about today was that you grabbed my arm after glaring down at an unconscious Brian and turned to everyone in the hallway saying "If you ever hurt this girl, I'll fucking murder you," 

You were never violent with words but you were really pissed today and I didn't bother trying to ask if you were okay or not..I figured you had a bad day as you stormed off after that, a teacher following you, yelling at you angrily to come back. I tried to find you to help your hand but I couldn't find you. Not even after class.

So thank you, for standing up for me when I couldn't. 

Love, Anjana

(Btw, I helped Brian afterwards because I actually felt bad at how much you bashed him up...I don't know why I'm telling you this but I just think you should know since he's your friend too..so yeah he's okay. He's getting some rest now I'm guessing, it is night after all, but he wouldn't look at me the whole time I stayed with him till his parents came to pick him up. I guess he feels bad, thanks to you.)