37

Dear Xavier, 

You helped me with a lot today. I don't know if it's because of your 'love' for me but even still..you didn't have to help me but you still did. For sport, you offered to set out the equipment with me, helped me with getting the hall ready for assembly when I was supposed to do it alone and then helped me with Maths. They were all simple things but it meant a lot to me.  It was a great day. 

For some reason though, I saw you and Damien talking to each other with serious faces in the hallway. I wanted to ask Damien about it or even you, but I didn't want to be rude so I let it be. 

After that, when Damien came to me at lunch, he was still acting weird but he was also his normal self. He made a lot of jokes and I remember laughing at every single one of them. Thinking about it now, I was giggling even in class.

But I think you know why he's acting the way he is....I wanted to ask you. But you're still Xavier, no matter how much you've changed. I didn't want to risk asking something or urging it out of you only to annoy you.

I smiled a lot today, thanks to Damien and you. Him and I went out after school and to an ice-cream place, and though it was kind of awkward at first due to his behaviour, things went back to usual really quickly and we laughed and played around. 

We had a "Guess that ice-cream" which he won easily. We also had a "Who can eat ice-cream the fastest" contest which I won and teased him for not managing to win when he was so smug about it. It was so much fun, and Damien had a big smile on his face, just like I did so I knew I wasn't the only one that felt that way.

We'd been going out a lot and each and every time we did, it was a blast. He always managed to boost my mood right up and today, he made me laugh so hard I cried. Especially  when he imitated you. I love being with him. 

And you're a sweetheart to me Xavier. I love the new you and it looks like you do too. You've gotten rid of your old horrible friends and now you're hanging out with guys that treat people nicely and like humans. 

Love, Anjana