26 (Non Diary) P2

I stiffened and the hand that had placed itself upon my shoulder, tightened gently, urging me to turn around.

I spun around, slowly, taking my time and my eyes met with his maroon v-neck and black hoodie.

 I refused to look up, scared that the tear that was so close to falling, would fall as soon as I looked up into his familiar brown eyes.

I didn't want to be vulnerable in front of him, even though I have been multiple times. This one-on-one thing, certainly wouldn't end well. It was a gut feeling. 

"Anjana." His voice was deep and soothing. "Look at me,"

Those words itself had a certain gentleness to it.I let out a shaky breath and shook my head, stubbornly.

He sighed and his hand drifted away from my shoulder and carefully travelled up to my face.

Bringing his hand down, he placed a thumb on my chin and tilted it up, giving me no choice but to raise my head.

My eyes met with Xavier's and as soon as they did, I felt glued to my spot.

His eyes, that were black and filled with rage just moments ago, were soft and comforting.

It was almost hypnotising, and I couldn't look away. Even the features of his face had softened, and it made him look so very different to the cruel Xavier I was always so used to seeing.

This Xavier looked like he genuinely cared. And the thought scared me. He couldnt care. He didn't.

I stepped back, causing his hand to drop. His eyebrows furrowed and he frowned as he stared at me.

"I-I need to go," I said, and went to turn around when he grabbed my elbow gently and tugged me back to him.

Because I wasn't expecting the sudden movement from him, I lost my balance and crashed right into his chest.

My face was buried in his chest and I unintentionally breathed him in lightly. He smelt so good, and he was incredibly warm too.

I just wanted to stay in his arms forever. But that's when I realised.

I was hugging my bully.

I gasped and shoved him away, somewhat roughly, as I stood up straight.

I smoothed down non-existent wrinkles on my casual Salwar, as the awkward silence hung around us.

Luckily, it wasn't long till Xavier broke it.

"Look, Anjana." I raised my head and looked at Xavier who was studying me, his face and eyes expressing seriousness, "What Brian and Serena did to you was fucked up,"

I sucked in a breath and shut my eyes tightly. "And I...I know I've fucked up too."

That made me snap my eyes open in surprise. I stared at him, my eyes literally bulging out of my sockets.

Xavier continued talking, his brown eyes never leaving mine and my breath got caught in my throat as his intense gaze never wavered.

He stepped closer, and me being frozen in shock, didn't have time to move back.

But when his arms snaked around my waist to hug me, that's when I snapped back into reality.

"I'm sorry for what Brian and Serena did and...for everything." His voice was muffled against my hair, but I could still hear him clearly.

I was as stiff as a board as his big arms tightened around my frame and tugged me to him closely. I reacted quickly and didn't even think when I shoved him away again and this time, with anger coursing through my veins.