38 (Non-Diary)

I sighed as I walked out of my Science class. I wasn't really getting anything and it honestly made my brain hurt. 

I don't know why, but a gut feeling was telling me that Damien thought Xavier and I were...together. I had been thinking about it ever since that day where Xavier and I hugged, and though Damien shows me that he's okay, sometimes I know he wants to tell me something but he covers it up and instead he starts...acting weird. 

The thought made my heart tighten. I..I liked him.

I admitted it to myself and my mum ages ago; I like Damien. I really really like him. I don't think it's love yet but..we'd been hanging and going out a lot and been together a lot, that I can't really see myself laughing that much and having a great time or being with someone other than him. If anything, I'm starting to fall in love with him.

All I know, is that my heart swells with happiness and beats faster whenever he's around and when he's not, it becomes a horrible day and everything goes downhill.

I didn't realise I was walking around aimlessly, deep in my thoughts until I bumped into someone.

My books fell out from my hands and gasping, I looked up to see Serena, who's face had annoyance written all over. But it quickly changed into one of..sympathy as soon as she look at me.  

"Uh..I'm--uh, I'm sorry..Anjana," She muttered as she bent down to grab my books.

I, panicking, also bent down and collected the books quickly before she could, and turned to walk away when a hand came down onto my shoulder. 

I froze and slowly turned my head to the side. I looked over my shoulder at Serena, sadness etched all over her face. "Anjana, I really am..sorry," 

I sighed and bit my lip as I looked away. Shrugging her hand away from my shoulder, I muttered, "I forgive you Serena. But I will never ever forget what you did..you're one other person that played a part in breaking me." 

After that, I walked away, not giving her a chance to respond. As I walked around the corner, and outside to the oval, I let out a big sigh.

Even though my trip to my locker had failed because of my encounter with Serena, I was glad I was outside and walking around at the surprisingly empty oval, with fresh air all around me.  

I walked over to a big tree and sat under it, leaning my head against it and closing my eyes. I took a big breath and relaxed my body as I sunk back into the tree. 

I nearly dozed off if it wasn't for someone's body in close proximity to mine, their heat suddenly engulfing me.

My eyes snapped open and I turned my head to the side to see Damien leaning against the tree as well, staring straight ahead at the girls and boys beginning to surround the oval.  

Halving his sandwich, he held one half out to me, causing me to shoot him a look of confusion. 

Damien raised his eyebrow as he turned to look at me. He glanced down at his hand that was still holding the sandwich before looking at me. 

"You gonna take it?" 

I shook my head softly muttering a thanks and looked away, my eyes wandering around and stopping on Xavier's figure.

He was laughing with one of his friends when he looked around, only to meet my eyes.

I offered a small smile and waved, and he gave me a warm and big smile in return before his eyes quickly glanced in Damien's direction, the joy in his eyes slightly fading.

He then nodded in acknowledgement at Damien, who did the same as I saw movement from the corner of my eyes, before Xavier turned his eyes away from us.