23

Dear Bully,

Brian cornered me near the lockers today when the hallway was empty and told me he loved me. He said that even though I didn't let him kiss me, he still loved me.

We've only talked to each other for two months, and so when he said this I didn't believe him. It was weird because I remember the hallway being empty, but I heard the sound of the locker door shutting somewhere else...so I think someone heard. 

But I was happy, and my parents were happy too. For me. 

And me being me, I gave him a chance and said I loved him back..even though I don't. I like him more than a friend, but I don't love him. Though that was the case, I was so happy today. I was smiling and skipping to my classes. 

I saw you Xavier, during lunchtime. You were sitting alone on the table you usually sat at. I was going to sit on a table alone too...Brian never wanted me to sit with him and his friends. I remember you eyeing carefully, as if something was going to happen and you had to make sure it didn't. 

It was almost as if you were studying me. 

I never did make it to a table though. I ran away before I could sit down and eat lunch peacefully. Ever since I heard you say what you said to your friends, I've been trying to be more careful around you. I didn't want to show you how happy I was today so I was trying to avoid you as much as possible.

So far so good. 

Love, Anjana