chapter-2

Don't forget to follow me and vote:)
****

I was utterly drained as the day drew to a close. It had been a whirlwind of a day, with classes, running simulations for the Mechatronics Team, and delving deep into research for our physics project. My head was already pounding with exhaustion.

As I settled into bed, ready to drift off to sleep, I felt the subtle vibrations of my phone. Fishing for it on the study table, I discovered one missed call and a message from Raymond.

Tap to read

"Hey there, princess! Let's meet in the corridor tomorrow to iron out our physics project schedule! P.S. - Goodnight. Sleep tight. ~ Raymond"

I promptly replied:

"Alright, I'll catch you there! But just so you know, I'm no princess. P.S. - Goodnight. ~ Sophie"

A moment later, my phone buzzed again.

One more message from Raymond.

Tap to read

"Good night, princess. May sweet dreams embrace you tonight! ~Raymond"

The next day, as agreed, I eagerly awaited Raymond in the corridor. The bell rang, and students scurried off to their classes. Despite being pressed for time, I remained steadfast, patiently waiting for him. I attempted to call him, but he wouldn't pick up.

The corridor gradually emptied, and I finally decided to drop him a message before hurrying off to my own class.

After my class, I attempted to call him once more and even searched for him in the cafeteria, assuming he might be with his friends who frequented the place. To my dismay, he was nowhere to be found.

I even checked the back door of the school, a notorious hideaway for kids who wanted to skip or engage in clandestine activities.

It had been three days since his last message, and Raymond hadn't shown up at school even once. I made several attempts to reach out to him through calls and messages, but he remained unresponsive.

Oh, dear, what a chaotic situation!

I overheard a group of girls discussing Raymond going on a trip with Ellen and some other friends.

Well, perhaps he's with her. Maybe he's preoccupied. Maybe they're getting cozy. I couldn't care less.

All I'm concerned about is our project. Correction: MY project.

The following day, I decided to seek help from Mr. Smulders. Upon entering his room, I noticed a tall, muscular boy with his back turned towards me. As he scratched the back of his neck, his muscles flexed, catching my attention.

No, Sophie. This is not the time to get distracted.

Mr. Smulders was engaged in a phone conversation, simultaneously gesturing to the boy about some matter. It appeared to be a discussion with the boy's father, perhaps regarding a complaint. As Mr. Smulders' voice grew clearer, I caught snippets of their conversation.

"Sophie, of course... who else could it be? Sure, I'll take care of it. Alright, sir, that won't be a problem." With that, he hung up the call.

"Ahh, Sophie," Mr. Smulders sighed as I positioned myself in front of him. The boy had now turned to face me. When Mr. Smulders called out my name, the boy's gaze met mine.

I attempted to remain composed, stealing a quick glance at the attractive g-

Wait a minute. Raymond!

What on earth is he doing here?