chapter-10

Okay, Soaf, you can handle her. Don't panic.

I thought to myself, and suddenly, an ear-splitting noise echoed across the hall. I snapped my head to see who it was and realized it was Lavy.

Wait a minute. She was just right here in front of me moments ago!

Now everyone's attention was on her as she burst into laughter.

At that moment, I knew I needed Dany's help. I turned to him quickly.

"Dany! HELP!"

Yes, those four capitalized letters were exactly what I needed at that moment. This situation was not normal for me. I had never seen Lavy drunk before.

Hell! I didn't even know she had started drinking! I used to think she hadn't tried it yet.

Maybe this was her first time. I've read in books that being drunk for the first time can be a terrible experience and can lead to lifelong misery.

But that's not what we want. I just hope we can get home safely, and tomorrow, when she's sober, I'll give her a piece of my mind.

But for now, I need Dany's help.

The situation had gotten even worse because now Raymond and his friends were also staring at Lavy, who was still laughing as if she had just seen a hilarious video.

Thankfully, Raymond didn't know that Lavy was my sister. He had met my mom but not Lavy yet. But I couldn't go over there and stop her.

Everyone in the hall was watching her. I just hoped she wouldn't embarrass herself.

"Dany, stop her. Do something!" I whispered urgently.

He nodded and headed in the direction where Lavy was standing.

I hoped this wouldn't make things worse than they already were.

If it weren't for Raymond, I would have already pulled Lavy out of there. I didn't want him to see me.

"Ohh, sweetheart, you did it!" Dany exclaimed, a smile on his face. I saw him looking confused, just like everyone else in the room. What was this boy doing?

He continued, "Well, ladies and gentlemen, this was just a dare, you see..." Everyone sighed, laughed, and some even clapped. Dany stopped and nodded with a huge grin.

"Yeah, you can all go back to what you were doing." He shouted, and almost everyone turned back to mind their own business. I think I need to take lessons from him on how to turn a panicking situation into a normal one.

Everyone started dancing, and the party returned to its normal state (although I still couldn't understand how these parties were considered "normal").

I saw Dany grabbing Lavy's arm and leading her towards the backyard. I hurriedly made my way there, trying to avoid being seen by Raymond.

Dany and Lavy were waiting for me in the backyard. As soon as I reached them, Dany told me he would drive me and Lavy home. I handed him the car keys while Lavy, half-asleep, occasionally rested her head on my shoulder. I held onto her waist as we made our way to the car. Despite her slim appearance, she felt surprisingly heavy. I sat next to her in the car, and Dany quickly took the driver's seat.

As we were leaving, I noticed Raymond and his friends coming out of the house. The sight made my jaw clenched again. Raymond was accompanied by a girl who was clinging onto him, and as always, he acted like a jerk, gripping her waist tightly.

Vulture.

Our eyes met briefly, and I turned my face in the opposite direction as our car drove off. I glanced at Raymond from the corner of my eye and saw a hint of surprise on his face as he left the girl and started walking towards our car. But by then, we were already far ahead.

Lavy was comfortably sleeping, her head resting on my lap as she curled up.

I couldn't get over what I had witnessed at the party. People gossiped about Raymond being the typical bad boy, but since getting to know him, I thought he was different. I knew rumors spread like wildfire, and I had always believed they were just rumors because he was popular. But now, having witnessed it firsthand, my brain refused to accept it.

But why? What was there to disbelieve? It had only been two weeks since I met Raymond. Of course, he hadn't shown me his true self.

And why would he, anyway?

What am I to him? Nothing.

But what about the "princess" part?

Perhaps I was just another girl he could flirt with.

I ran my fingers through Lavy's hair, lost in my thoughts. I felt hurt, although I shouldn't. There was nothing I could do about it.

That's why I avoid getting attached to people. That's why I don't have friends.

People always wear a façade, never revealing their true selves until they've used you.

"Soaf..." Lavy murmured in her sleep. I leaned closer to hear her clearly.

"I'm happy for you, Soaf," she said, still half-asleep. I didn't understand at first why she was happy for me.

"I'm glad Dany is back. Now you're not alone," she mumbled, a small smile appearing on my face.

If only.

Finally, we arrived in front of our house. Mom had gone to meet one of her school friends and hadn't returned yet. Her car was parked outside, which meant we had to use the spare keys. I crouched down and felt under the doormat, finding a bunch of keys. Dany stood behind me, supporting Lavy, who was still asleep and mumbling from time to time.

We entered the house, and Dany and I managed to carry Lavy upstairs to my room. We placed her on the bed and tucked her under the sheets. My head started spinning; I was exhausted. I hadn't been able to sleep properly due to the project and doing research for Raymond. I had agreed to help him, but now I didn't feel like it.

Why should I, anyway?

In the past few days, I had been struggling to sleep while he was busy partying with random girls in his arms.

That's not fair at all. I needed to talk to him about this.

Dany went downstairs to get some water and aspirin for Lavy. He said she would need them.

I was tired, my body aching, and my eyelids heavy. I sat next to Lavy on the bed, resting my head against the wall and curling my legs close to my chest.

Dany grabbed a pillow and sat on the small couch near the window. He lay back in a sleeping position, stretching his legs and sliding one hand under his neck. His stormy gray eyes looked captivating in the moonlight, and his dark brown hair, though sweaty, appeared perfect as he ran his fingers through it. It was then that I took a closer look at him. He must have been working out; he looked so muscular, not to mention his abs.

Dany had certainly changed a lot.

I was about to ask him to stay for the night, but before I could, he glanced at me and whispered, "I really missed you, Kim." He gave a weak smile and closed his eyes, sighing before turning away from me.

Those words were enough to let me know that he was going to stay tonight. Neither of us bothered changing our clothes.

I felt something vibrating beneath me.

1 message from Raymond

Tap to read

Where are you, princess?

I ignored it and chose to close my eyes, following the call of my unconscious. I could sort everything out tomorrow.

****

Hey guys

So how was it? I know I told you I'll right Raymond's POV and frankly speaking I'm working on it. It's just writing it out from a boy's POV is a bit difficult. Well, it's 1:00 a.m. to be exact and I just completed with this. Anyhow, I hope you liked it. Please vote, comment and share.

Thank you for reading:-)

If you like fantasy, romance and adult fiction then check out my new book UNFAZED.