chapter-20

Raymond Reynolds's POV

*flashback*

"What do you think you are doing Ray? I saw it. I saw you kissing that little bitch in the classroom." Ellen yelled at me as she was standing on my porch.

I was still standing there, confused. What should I say to her? She is my childhood best friend, but I don't know what got over me that moment and I did such a stupid mistake. This wasn't the plan. Ellen knew my plan. I never planned to kiss Soaf.

I stood there. Quiet. Not able to say a word because I knew it was my mistake. Not even this plan but everything and now all I can think about is her.

What are doing to me Sophie Esinberg!

"Why are you quiet? Huh? What happened to your mouth now?" she said as she pushed me inside and I stumbled backward.

"I don't know," I replied. I actually don't know what happened to me. I felt this sudden urge to claim Sophie as mine and that's what I did. 

But all I can care about is Sophie. I hurt her. I guess she saw me nothing more than a friend. A friend, this is who she needs.

I loved the feeling that I was her only friend she can share things with. I wanted her to have more friends but I was happy knowing that I was the only one who could make it inside the walls she built up.

But yesterday, when I got to know that Soaf knew Danny already. I felt something crumbling in my stomach. I felt something hit me hard in my heart.

Shocking, isn't it? I have a heart. I never knew that. I never cared about any girl I used or slept with. I had to be bold, to deal with this. I thought I could never feel anything. I ruined so many lives and Soaf was next on the list.

But I couldn't digest that. I don't want her to get hurt. Ever. At least not because of me.

Why I became a catastrophe?

I had no other choice. My parents are rich as hell and they are waiting for me to graduate and handle their business. But have they ever considered my choice? Whether I want to follow my father's footsteps or not. I still don't like the idea of running Reynolds Empire. I want to become a footballer. I love playing it but since I was born my life wasn't in my hands.

My parents decided everything for me in my life. When I was two, my parents decided to which school I will be going to when I'll be five. When I started going to school. My parents decided which all subjects I will be choosing for my Majors.

I was so frustrated by all this. I never had the control of my life. It made me rude and heartless. I always had this constant pressure of living up to my parents' expectations and when I was fourteen and couldn't keep myself up I started taking drugs and using girls to lessen my stress.

"Would you like to explain?" Ellen said gazing at me. Her eyes were furious and hatred was reflected in her eyes.

"It doesn't mean anything El, don't you get angry. She's just another girl" I replied quickly.  Though I knew this wasn't the truth.

"But what about the plan Ray? You ruined it by kissing her. You could've done that when your work was done with her." she sighed at this and walked towards the couch sitting there while she pressed her forehead as if it was paining.

She continued. "The plan was to become her friend and then use her. She could've done all your projects and assignments, Raymond. You didn't have to do a single thing then. Knowing her, she could've done all your work while you could enjoy your life with your best friends. Right? Then maybe you're parents would've stopped bothering you. But you ruined it."

She was right. I ruined the plan and know I'll fail in my final year. I can't afford this. I have to do something.

"Shit. What should I do know?" I said coming back to my senses.
* Flashback ends*

"No dirty business in my house." I recognized the voice as Ellie's and I saw Soaf stiffening in shock. Her eyes widen. Damn, she looks so cute. I could feel her lips twitching under my finger. I felt her soft lips brushing on my finger. Something in my stomach fluttered.

I suddenly drew my hand back to myself and looked around just to see Ellie giggling while I saw Soaf blushing crimson red from the corner of my eye.

A smirk played on my lips, my heart swelled by the thought that Soaf was blushing because of me.

I saw her mouthing "Mom" to Ellie and then again blushing hard.

"I hope you are coming to Chase's party? I'll be waiting for you" I said as I took my steps out of the kitchen.

I gave a small smile to Ellie while nodding to which she replied by mirroring my movements.

As I move out, Ellie's back was facing me and I saw Soaf still standing there glancing at me with warmth in her eyes. For a moment my breath hitched. I stopped in my tracks. I was rooted at the spot. Just to see her adoring eyes which attracted me like magnets.

Finally, I got a hold of my feelings and I winked at her before making my way out.

I never planned on kissing her. But it just happened. I never planned on hurting her. I saw her standing there in the corridor when I had a make-out session with Ellen. She was hurt, badly. Every time I saw her eyes I could feel the pain in her eyes. Everything I put her through, I was going through the same thing. I felt the same. She was the only person in the world who made me feel things.

****
Hey guys.

Another update. I hope you like it?
Please tell me if anything went wrong. Well , I had comments about you guys wanting soaf to be grounded. Hahaha. I like that thought but sorry Ellie is more like a soaf-ray shipper. So, I'm sorry but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Anyhow please do vote if you liked this chapter even a bit.

Please read, vote and comment

Thank you for reading :-)

If you like fantasy, romance and adult fiction then check out my new book UNFAZED.