chapter-39

Raymond Reynolds's POV

I can't believe this. In a matter of seconds my life has turned upside down. Nothing makes sense. Why would Soaf sign on something like this?

I know her. She can't be so stupid. Fuck. She's the smartest girl I've ever met. I know she will never do something like this. But these documents, they contradict me. Her signature on them contradicts my thoughts.

But I have this feeling that something is wrong. She will never sign something this stupid. Besides she didn't tell me about it. After what happened at the Awards we both have never hidden anything from each other. We share everything, our thoughts, our moments, our memories.

Everything.

I have to ask her about these. How can even Dad do something like this?

Make her sign these? Damn. How can he even make such kind of deal and that too with an eighteen year old.

That's ridiculous.

I rushed towards my dad's room while clutching the papers in my hand. My jaw clenched in anger and nose flared.

Without knocking I barged into his room opening the door with a strong kick. He looked up at me but the strange part was that he had a feeling of calmness in his eyes. He wasn't startled when I barged inside. He was reacting like he was expecting this. As if he knew this was going to happen.

But right now, I don't have time for this. I don't have time for his stupid reactions, Soaf is making some stupid decisions and I have to stop her. I don't know what made her sign this deal but I know who made her sign it.

I threw the paper at my dad glaring at him. He sat there with a expressionless face and glanced at the paper which were now lying on the floor. With that he gave a out a loud sigh and looked at me with a cold expression.

I raised my eyebrow at him, beckoning him to explain. He shrugged it and started making himself a drink from the Vieille Bon Secours Ale Bottle which was placed on his nightstand.

I stood there, not moving an inch.

Finally after pouring himself a drink he made himself comfortable on the couch and gestured me to sit down on the chair across him.

I followed his command and sat down.

"Why?" I asked as I gritted my teeth in anger.

"You were getting out of our hand" He answered in a calm tone.

"What do you mean by that?"

" It's been a long time since we talked. Right son?" Dad replied. I don't know where this conversation is going. Hell. I don't even know what is he talking about.

I looked at him straight in the eye. I saw a glint of triumph in his eyes. He smirked. Not a smile but a smirk. Which just reminded me of myself.

How much I use to do it. How much girls use to fall for it. But now, I forgot it. I forgot my famous smirk because now I just want to smile. A smile that automatically creeps on my lips when I think of her.

When I think of her being in my arms.
When I think of her smiling at me.

She changed me. For good. I am no more my dad's puppet. I am no more that kid who would mess up with girls just to distract myself. Just to get my mind off the things which I am trapped in.

I feel free with her. I am not afraid of telling my dad about the football camp I went to or about the scholarship I applied for. He can no more tie me up and restrict my dreams.

I didn't know I zoned out until dad's voice brought me back to the reality.

"She had to be told where she stands." he simply says with a expression of disgust on his face.

"What are you saying dad? I don't understand a thing. Just tell me why you made such a deal with her? You know If anything goes wrong soaf can go to Jail! This deal will end her life Dad, for gods sake she's only eighteen!" I spat in anger, as I now stood before him. I yelled the last part. I have never yelledat my dad.

"This-" he says pointing his finger at me " This is why I am doing this."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

" You have never disobeyed my orders Raymond. Never have you talked to me like this. But this girl, she made you something else. She is not good for you Raymond. I had to throw her out of your life. It's for your sake." he replied in the same calm tone.

"Wha- Wait I don't get it. Forget about me dad. Why did you made her sign this deal?"

He took a deep breath before answering.

"Look at you Raymond. So messed up. I told you not to play football but you did. I told you to come back from the football camp but you didn't. I told you that you are going to oxford for majors in science but you didn't listen to me. Instead you applied for some stupid scholarship for football. You did everything I told you not to all because of this girl. Am I right?" he questioned me with a raised eyebrow.

" Dad that is a different matter. That is my life which you cannot control. I am not here to talk about all this. I am here to talk about Sophie. What do you want dad. Why are you doing this to her?"

" I want her out of your life. I want you to stay away from her otherwise I will be compelled to give these documents, and David Esinbergs' daughter inventing high antihistamines sedative to be used as drugs for young kids, It would make quite a paparazzi, wouldn't it? " he now had a expression of complete victory on his face.

" NO. No dad, You cannot do this. Not to her. She didn't....she didn't change me. She just helped me bring out the real me. She found me. She found the real me. Behind that facade face she found the real me. I am not one of yours puppet! I am not going to do this to her." I said with fierce in my eyes. My fists were clenched to my sides with anger.

" It's your choice son. If you don't do it. Then I think it will not take me much time to finish off her career, maybe to shatter her dream and ah, telling her about her Father's true identity, It would hurt her. Just think about it son. The look in her eyes when she finds the solution to an intricate problem or when she won that award, it'll be gone. Her life will shatter, "

I can't believe my Father is doing something like this to his own son. How can he be so monstrous. He is anything but evil.

"That's low" I replied in a low but cold voice.

"Do it." he simply said shrugging off everything I said to him.

" She doesn't know about the deal does she?" I asked him.

"No. I made her sign these and she doesn't even have a clue about this deal. She's just as dumb as her pathetic Father," he shrugged.

I sighed in defeat. I know there is no way out of this mess. I have to do it. I have to break her heart only for her to stand and rise again. I don't want her to sacrifice what she have. i know how it feels like when you do something that is forced on you. I know how it feels when you are handcuffed and not allowed to chase your dream. When you are not allowed to become who you really are.

I don't want her to go through that shit. It's miserable. The thing which scares the shit out of me is her being behind the bars. This contract clearly says that if the compound is found being misused Sophie is the one responsible and that Amanada Corporations has nothing to do with her or the compound. Whereas The Amanda Corp. is the one misusing it.

I have to do this.

I have to save her.

****

To read Epilogue follow my account in Wattpad