chapter-36

Sophie Esinberg's POV

I sat there quietly, absorbing all that Raymond has said. Registering everything in my mind. Slowly.

Should I believe him?

Maybe. I don't know. I want to, but what If he breaks my trust?

I glanced at him. His eyes glimmering under the sunlight which illuminated the room but there is something more. His eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes were pleading. Pleading me to trust him. How can I resist them?

Besides relationships are all about trust right?

It's all about a leap of faith. Right? Raymond has never made me feel uncomfortable. He had always shown his trust in me. I think it's my time to give him back what he deserves.

And then, I smiled. I smiled to assure him that I trusted him. The pain his eyes reflected was diminishing slowly. I saw that pain disappearing and gradually a warmth made way in his eyes. With that he hugged me like his life depends on it, like there his no tomorrow. I was crushed in his embrace.

At that moment everything felt right. Everything came back to life.

I wrapped my arms around his torso tightly. He felt like Home.

He slightly pulled away and said

" By the way congratulations. Though I'm hurt you didn't tell me that you were working for my Dad."

"I wanted to surprise you." I replied. I don't know why but there was something which was still hurting inside me.

He sighed.

"I am sorry. Danny told me that you worked really hard to win the Award and I ruined it. I am so stupid princess, I shouldn't have gone there. I should have said No to dad. Hell, i don't even know why dad compelled me to go with Ellen in the first place. He never did something like this earlier."

"It's okay Ray. It's done." I said. I don't know what else to say. I think if he would've told me about taking Ellen as his date It wouldn't have hurt that much. But he didn't. That hurts.

"No, I am sorry soaf. If i knew you were going to be there i would have said no to dad or Ellen. It's better to reject this stupid offer than to hurt you and I promised. I promised that I won't hurt you. Ever. I am so sorry." The last part came out as a whisper. I knew he was hurting. He was hurting because he hurt me even though it was unintentional. He was hurting because I cried.

I didn't think much. I crashed my lips against his. That's the best I could come up with. I kissed him with everything I have. To show him that I love him.

We pulled apart slightly as Ray whispered to me
" I love you princess" his warm breath was fanning my ear causing a tingling there.

Then he slowly brought his lips to mine. This kiss was full of sweetness. It was a tender one.

"Uhh...you have a visitor, kim." someone said. I glanced behind Ray and saw Danny standing at the door of my ward. I don't know but I always felt this bond between Danny and I. Nothing Romantic, only platonic. But ever since I started Dating Ray, Danny has been away from me. He always maintained his distance. We didn't talk much. Maybe because when I started dating Ray he always gave me an Idea that I will end up hurt. That ray didn't deserve me which I thought totally ironical because...let's face it. I am a nobody while Raymond is all Popular and stuff.

Raymond groaned while I chuckled. But then when I saw who came to visit me. My smile disappeared.

It was her.

Ellen.

She entered inside my ward. She was wearing a beautiful sundress which was Royal Blue in color. She matched them with cream white heels while her hair were loose falling on her shoulder. She looked perfect as always.