chapter-5

It's been approximately three weeks since Raymond and I were paired up for the project, which, by the way, I'm mostly working on alone. I've been diligently doing my part, but Raymond still hasn't completed his portion. It's beyond frustrating!

Unfortunately, I'm still helping him with his physics assignments. I'm not even sure if he understands what I'm teaching him because he never asks me questions about the topics we've covered. Instead, he just stares at me, all the time. But hey, why should I even care about him?

All I want is to get rid of him. Yeah, that's my ultimate goal!

Today is a school holiday, even though it's Thursday. We have an inter-school competition, so no classes! My plans for the day are pretty simple:

Grab some food.Stuff my face with it.Dive into some captivating novels.

Yes, novels! I fall in love with almost every second character in those books. Pride and Prejudice is my absolute favourite. It was only ten in the morning, and I was all set to execute my plan when my phone buzzed.

One message from Raymond.

Tap to read

"Morning, Princess. I was wondering if you'd like to grab a coffee with me at Rico's? P.S. Don't freak out. It's not a date. It's about our project."

Does he even care about the project? But it's better if we finish it as soon as possible. We don't have much time left, anyway.

"Yeah, cool."

~ Sophie

"Great. So I'll see you there in 20."

~ Raymond

I arrived early at the coffee shop. While waiting for Raymond, I noticed a girl who appeared to be around our age. She had a perfect body, stunning looks, and an innocent face. I wondered what she was saying to the girl standing beside her. They seemed to be having an intense argument.

"You look beautiful," a deep husky voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I tilted my head up to see Mr. Popular standing before me.

"Hey! Thanks," I replied, feeling my cheeks heat up.

Stop blushing, Soaf. He doesn't need an ego boost right now.

"So, what can I get you?" Raymond asked, a small smile playing on his lips.

I think he noticed me blushing. Geez, that was embarrassing. Wait why is he asking me what I want? I looked around and noticed they did not have any servers here. We were supposed to order at the counter.  

"I'll have a Mocha with almond milk and no whipped cream." ,I said pretending to peruse the menu card.

"I'll be right back," he replied and headed towards the counter.

While I waited for our orders, my attention was drawn to the two girls who were still arguing.

"Here you go," Raymond said, placing a mug of Mocha in front of me.

"Thanks," I nodded slightly. Suddenly, the mug in front of me seemed more interesting than anything else in the diner.

"Why the almond milk?", Ray asked raising his eyebrows. Only then I noticed how conspicuous his eyebrows are, which complemented his dense eyelashes perfectly. 

Stop Sophie. Stop.

"Ohh-I have this weird condition where excess lactose triggers hormonal imbalance in me." , I replied and Raymond nodded. We sat there in an awkward silence. Our gazes met once or twice, and we exchanged shy smiles before looking away. Again.

Okay, this is not what you'd expect from the school's Mr. Popular. I knew he could start throwing typical pickup lines at any moment.

But he didn't.

"Princess, I need your help with the project. I haven't even started my part, and the submission deadline is approaching. Please help me out," he sighed. I shook my head in disappointment and met his pleading eyes. For a moment, I felt confident, as if I could be someone's savior.

Maybe, just maybe, I could change him. I could change the Bad Boy.

Wait, what? Bad thought, Soaf. Bad thought.

"You should have done it by now" I replied, my lips forming a straight line.

"Yes, I know. I know. But I have been so busy with the football practice and helping Ellen out. I didn't get any time.", his gaze held mine. 

I felt a pang in my chest when he said he had been helping Ellen with something. Of course he is hanging out with her, Sophie. Just because you hang out with him doesn't mean he will stop hanging out with his friends. Especially Ellen. 

"Aren't you angry at me? Because you have every right to be" he asked in amazement.

"Nah," I replied. I was angry at him. But every time this guy was around me I literally feel butterflies in my stomach. And the worst thing? I love this feeling. 

"Phew," he sighed in relief, and a smile crept onto his face as if he wiped off imaginary sweat from his forehead.

"Why did you..." I was about to ask something when a sudden commotion echoed throughout the hall. The same girl I had been observing earlier was now berating the girl beside her.

Everyone in the diner could hear them.

"You bitch! Stay away from him. He's mine, you dumbass. He's cheating on you. Have you ever wondered why a popular guy like Caleb would fall for a nerd like you? Look at yourself, buried in books, thick glasses. Do you have any idea how hideous you look?"

The entire diner was shocked, not just because of the fight, but because the girl who uttered those words appeared innocent. Her face was angelic, capable of making anyone fall in love at first sight. Her features were soft and beautiful, radiating simplicity.

And then there was the other girl, with her thick glasses, chestnut hair, and a slightly fuller figure. Her books were still on the table, tightly clutched in her hands. She was breathing heavily, on the verge of tears. It seemed like she could burst into tears at any moment.

I could feel her humiliation. I felt it too.

Everyone in the diner was staring at her. Some guys were even laughing.

I turned to Raymond.

"This is complete bullshit," he said.

"Tell me about it," I deadpanned.

****

Hey Guys!

I know there was nothing much in the last two chapter's but Hopes up. Next chapter is surely going to be interesting. Again sorry for any grammatical mistakes and yeah I wanted a help. If anyone can make a cover for the story it would be appreciated!

Please vote, comment and share.

Please vote there are lots of ghost reader's for this story. Please vote guys.

Thank you