chapter-30

Raymond Reynolds's POV

I saw Daniel rushing out of Sophie's room. I stood up in confusion and fear. I looked at Daniel, he had mixed expression on his face, anger and hurt blended in his facial expression. He ignored me like I did earlier and streamed out of the house. Behind him the door thudded loudly.

Seems like he is really angry.

I went upstairs to check up on Soaf. My steps were slow I was scared.

Did he tell her everything?

My breath was deep, to calm my nerves because a fear of losing Soaf was constantly haunting me. I slowly peeked through the door which was already half opened. I saw Soaf sitting in a corner, her legs close to her chest and her hands were wrapped around the legs while her head rested on her knees. Then I noticed something. Her shoulders were slightly shaking. She was sobbing. One. Two. Then she burst out crying loudly.

I quickly reached for her and took her in my arms. She didn't protest. That is a good sign, I suppose. A feeling of relief washed over me. I dipped my head in the crook of her neck and her sweet smell filled my nose. I heard her mumbling something under her breath.

I tried to sooth her but it didn't work.

I put my index finger under her chin and lifted her face up. Her eyes were red and puffy, here nose was red too because of crying. Her eyes were filled with hurt. Tears streaming down her eyes.

I don't know what that bastard said to her but I swear he won't be alive till tomorrow.

Seeing Soaf like this was the last thing I want on Earth. Or not even that. I've seen her cry, scared, shocked but never seen her broken. She was broken and I felt like my world is destroyed. I can do anything to take that look away from her face. Maybe I sound like a creep right now but I don't care. All I know is I cannot see her like this.

Not now not ever.

"He said I betrayed him. What did I ever do to betray him." -hiccup-"He is my best friend."-hiccup-"He always understands me. I don't know but he was so furious."-hiccup-" He said I am a s-sel-selfish bitch."

And then she couldn't resist anymore. Bucket full of tears started flowing down her eyes and she hugged me tightly. My shirt was all drenched with her tears. There was a feeling like someone is punching me in the gut. I cannot see her like this. I want to rip that moron's head apart.

I wiped her tears and caressed her cheeks with my thumb. She was lost in her thoughts. I knew she was thinking about the argument between her and Daniel. She didn't even know but a tear rolled down her cheek.

That was it, I new what I had to do now. I cannot see her like this. I placed a light kiss on her lips and said
"Everything will be alright till tomorrow. Just don't worry." and stood up and walked towards the door to leave. I stopped in my tracks when I heard her saying
"Promise?"

I hesitated at first but I knew she wanted to hear this right now. So I said "Promise". And went off.

As soon as I parked my car in my garage I made my way towards Daniel's house. I kicked the door open and went inside. I saw Daniel sitting on the couch probably talking to someone on phone. As soon as he saw me he said goodbye to whoever he was talking to and made his way towards me.

"What do you want?" he snapped towards me.

"You said that to her. How can you say something like that to your best friend, you prick."

"Whatever I say to her is none of your business" he replied in a very hard voice.I took a deep breath to calm myself.

Talk about patience.