chapter-35

Sophie Esinberg's POV

Everything went numb. I couldn't feel anything even though I wanted to. I, so damn much wanted to feel, to get hurt, to cry, to shout. Anything. But I couldn't. My shock was over powering my emotions.

I forgot how to breathe. I forgot how to feel. I forgot everything. My gaze was focused on only the two hands which were held together. Tight.

Why?

Why me?

I wanted to shout. Shout at him for doing this to me. But my voice didn't escape from my mouth.

A huge lump was formed in my throat. Words were caught in it. I slowly started moving towards them.

There he was. Raymond.

With a trophy in his hand. I silently walked towards him never breaking our eye contact.

He handed me the trophy and I took it. His expressions were still recovering from the shock. suddenly his eyes showed emotion. They went hopeful from blank.

Hope. His eyes showed hope and trust. He was pleading through his eyes, never breaking our eye contact. His blue eyes were gazing my dark brown ones.

He didn't blink neither did I.

As he handed me the trophy he sighed. It wasn't a satisfactory one. It was nervous one. He was afraid of something. I could tell this by his actions. He was continuously swallowing the lump formed in his throat.

I took the trophy and marched towards the backstage.

Instead of going back to my seat I headed towards the Exit.

Once I came out of the Auditorium, cool breeze hit my face and tried to sooth me. But it failed. I rubbed my chest in order to get rid of the burning sensation I felt there.

It was paining there.

I wanted to get rid of it.

Then suddenly i felt a pair of hands sneaked around my shoulder from behind.

I knew this touch was familiar.

Too familiar.

But it didn't belong to the person i wanted to.

No. It wasn't Raymond.

It was Dany. He started soothing me slowly. I turned around and wrapped my hands around his waist tightly. Suddenly, everything came back. I started feeling. Aching. Hurting. Crying.

I started sobbing, my tears streamed down making Dany's shirt wet. But I didn't care. I couldn't breath so I started to breathe hard. I was sobbing bad. Crying loud. My breath was almost choked. I gasped for air.

Suddenly everything in front of me started to go black. As if someone started to apply some black paint on a beautiful painting.

Everything went blank and black.

I couldn't hold it anymore. I was fighting hard to stand but this time I gave up.

Last thing I know two hands prevented me from falling and hitting the ground.

*******

"Soaf"

"soaf wake up." 

"Please" a familiar voice said. I didn't have to think twice, I knew the owner of this voice way too well. Not even in my subconscious mind I could forgot the owner of this voice.

Never.

He held my hands in his with a tight grip and placed a light kiss on my lips.

I smiled at his sweet gesture, inwardly.