chapter-24

Sophie Esinberg's POV

"Rrraaaymmoond?"

"Yeah"

"I don't wanna go home" I said in a low sweet voice.

"Princess, believe me it's better if you go home. Have some sleep. Okay?" he said , I could sense concern in his voice. Even though he's driving and looking at the road, I can imagine the look on his face.

And something in my stomach churns. I feel butterflies in my stomach. Besides that it makes me happy.

I didn't even realize that I'm smiling like an idiot and Raymond catches the look on my face through the front view mirror.

"Why are you smiling princess?"

"Because I like it when you care for me"

Shit. I did not just say that. Oh god. Why am I drunk? Okay if you don't know how it feels being drunk , it's like you say what you feel. Even if you want to control what you are saying you cannot.

So...for people like me..it gives us guts. It works as a cowardice remover.

Raymond chuckles at my response before saying

"I can do that forever, you know."
This statement enlarged the size of my smile. These are the most beautiful words anyone has ever said to me.

Even though my head is spinning and my legs are paining bad I summoned up my strength and climb towards the passenger seat next to Raymond. I struggle getting up at first and my eyes are wide open because everything around me goes blurry in less than a second.

As I finally reach the front seat Raymond is already scolding me and is yelling at me. I don't like it when he shouts at me but I try to avoid it. As I place my foot on the seat with a jerk it slips and I'm my head is about to collide with dashboard. I know it's going to smash hard. I close my eyes and wait for the impact.

My head collides with something but it's not hard like a dashboard. Instead it is soft and firm.

I opened my one eye to suspect what happened. Am I already in heaven? Am I dead?

But I feel something soft on my forehead. I lift my head up a little and see a hand preventing me to collide with the dashboard.

I know who it is but still I slowly follow the hand and my eyes rest on the blue ones. I realize that car has already stopped in the middle of nowhere. Suddenly Raymond's arms are wrapped around me and I find myself completely melting in his embrace. His grip becomes tighter and he curses something under his breath.

I take a deep breath ,my eyes wide and my heart is thumping hard against my chest.

"Are you out of your mind Soaf? You could've smashed your head. Are you....ughh...just don't do something stupid again. Okay?"

I nod gently as I am pressed against his chest. We both are breathing hard. Raymond's one hand is tracing up and down against my back. Soothing me as I close my eyes and grip his shirt tight. Being with him like this automatically calms me. I take a few deep breaths before we pull apart.

I can feel the thickness in the air. It's weird none of us are speaking. I'm just staring at the road while Raymond starts the car and again we are heading towards my home.

"Wait. This is not the way to my home" I said as soon as I realize the path we are taking.

"You said you don't want to go home"

"Yeah but that doesn't me-" before I could complete my sentence he cut me off.

"I already asked Claire to tell your mom that you are sleeping at her house."

"Ohh... Do you know where she lives?"

"I don't know"

"What? Then how you'll drop me at her place?"

He gave me a sweet look, his eyes almost gleaming. But I don't get it, whatever he's trying to say. I don't get it!

I gave him a confused look hoping he'll give me an explanation as to what is going on in his mind. It's like he understands me and starts explaining.

He told me that Claire is still at the party and Chase will drop her and Raymond is taking me to his house.

Wait. Did he just say my house?
That means Raymond's house. Why in this world will I go to his house?

I protest and told him that I cannot stay at his house for a whole freaking night. But Raymond being himself gave me a very valid reason. He told me ofcourse I cannot go to my house being this drunk and since we don't know where Claire lives we're left with his place. Besides we also have Danny but Raymond told me that Dany went off somewhere from the party so we'll check him at his house first. Raymond also told me that he doesn't trust Dany.

Pfftt..can you believe that? I mean I've known Dany since....forever.

So I'm still absorbing the fact that I have to spend a whole bloody night at his house. Duh...my destiny what can I do now?

I don't even remember when I dozed off. Next thing I know Raymond is asking me to wake up and he has a bottle of water and a tablet of aspirin. We're still in the car in front of Ray's house. I'm surprised by the fact that Raymond didn't carry me inside while I was asleep instead he woke me up gave me medicine , asked me to drink the whole bottle of water and is know helping me go inside but still not touching me.

That's......so-not-Raymond.

I somehow manage to make my way upstairs while Ray leads me to a room and as soon as my body meets the bed I'm in heaven. Sleep that's all I need right now. I don't have enough energy to fight with him or ask questions which was why I came to the party today. I feel him covering me with the blanket.

I feel the bed shifting down under his weight and I know that he's sitting next to me. I don't know what is he doing there because if he's going to sleep next to me I'm going to kick him in my sleep and make sure he ends up in a hospital.

Of course I'm not comfortable with Raymond and me ending up on the same bed.

It's so difficult since I'm totally engulfed my sweet sleep but just for my safety I opened my eyes a bit only to find Raymond looking at me as if he found a whole mine of diamonds. He's smiling, a breathtaking smile.

Then my gaze is focused on something totally weird. Behind him I see his couch on which he has put a pillow and a blanket and that's enough for me to know that I'm safe. My trust on Raymond just went to a whole new level. I know I'm safe with him. With a smile I close my eyes and went back to sleep.

****
Hey guys

Another update. How was it. I just wanted to make sure that soaf trusts Raymond because y'know..he's a player but when it comes to soaf. He will do anything to make her comfortable. Yeah..he'll play his cocky over confident self but whenever it comes to soaf he'll make sure he shows her how much he cares for her.

Believe me when I say I'm madly in love with Raymond..he loves soaf so much.

If you like the chapter please vote!

Please read, vote and comment
Thank you for reading :-)