Epilogue

Sophie Esinberg's POV

I cried myself to sleep. Again. This has become a habit of mine.I hardly go out of my room. It's been two weeks now, two weeks since the mask behind the man I loved the most was revealed.

It hurts.

It hurts so much, I can't explain it. Everyday they tell me to start over. Everyday they tell me to forget him. But I can't. Forgetting him is like forgetting myself.

It hurts

What hurts more is that he never tried to contact me again. After he got to know that everything has been unleashed, all his lies and connivance. He didn't even try to apologise, instead he disappeared into thin air. He never tried to contact. He didn't pick up my calls neither did he reply to any of my messages.

It hurts

He used me. Just the thought of this makes tears weld up in my eyes. I didn't have a chance to face him. It's been two weeks now since I went to school. Two weeks. So much have changed in two weeks. There are rumors that Ellen and Ray are finally back and whole school adores them.

Of course they would, Soaf. How could you be so bovine? Of course the whole school wants them back together, it's always the Queen Bee and the Bad boy.

Earlier, you were a nobody and now you will be just an example of derision.

Claire has been really supportive. She is so garrulous that she keeps blabbering about random stuff in school. I sometimes wonder if she does it to keep my mind off Raymond. Although it never works, I feel thankful that I have her by my side.

My mind is always occupied by the storm. The storm that paved its way into my life, broke all my walls and messed up everything. The storm that made me feel alive yet jittery at the same time. The storm that fucked up my heart.

I always thought that I was way too lucky to have a boyfriend like Raymond. I use to wonder why he chose me. Why he fell in love with me? Why me?

Every time something odd happened I ignored it. I ignored it because he asked me to have faith in him. I was so stupid to even think that I will be the nerd who changes the bad boy. Typical cliche.

It never happens in real life, you know?

I lived in my fantasy. Being with Raymond was like being on cloud nine. I don't know who should be help responsible for this. Me or him? I don't know. I was so engrossed in my happy bubble that I didn't hear when reality knocked on my door. I was blinded by the happiness, by the love I found with him, by the deference he treat me with and by all his supplications to believe in him.

But it was all fake.
Funny isn't it?

Either Raymond is a good thespian or I am very bad at deciphering people's actions.

Whatever we had felt real to me. There is still a hope inside me that all of it was real. The love we had was real. It wasn't just infatuation or physical attraction. It is something more than that.

For me it was something I can't describe in words. It was something beyond words. It was beautiful. It had happiness and sorrow at the same time. The warmth of his skin always offered me comfort, the feeling of safety when I sat next to him, the tingling sensation in my stomach when he dug his nose at the nape of my neck to smell my perfume, the feeling when he held me close to him,  the feeling of his lips on mine.

Everything felt so real to me that I could still feel it.
I could still feel his fingers in my hair, sliding down slowly, taking their sweet time before they brush along my neck to my collar bone and then further down.