chapter-15

Currently, I have a strong desire to escape from all of this, but unfortunately, I am aware that I have to face it. Skipping school tomorrow is not an option for me, especially since we have a physics project presentation. It's even worse because now I have to face, I have to face him and I cannot even stop thinking about our kiss. That perfect kiss. 

I need someone to talk to about this, but who can I trust? I don't know anyone who can help me with this situation. Should I confide in my mom? No, I can't burden her with this. Lavy? Not a good idea. She can't keep anything to herself and rumours about me and Ray kissing is the last thing I want to deal with. 

Dany? No, he just returned and I am not comfortable sharing this with him yet. Besides, how do you tell the person you spent your entire childhood crushing over that you kissed the most popular guy in school?

So, I'm all alone. That's just who I am—a loner. I don't even have someone to share my sorrows with.

Just great.

Finally, I decide to turn on my phone.

Missed calls:

Ray - 15

Dany - 9

Mom - 4

Messages:

Ray - 10

Dany - 2

What? I need some time alone to figure things out. Sometimes you just want to sit by yourself and reflect on how you ended up here, right?

"Princess, I need to talk to you."

Raymond

"Where are you? I searched the entire school."

Raymond

"Okay, now you're making me worried, Soaf. Where are you?"

Raymond

"If you happen to be at home, please let me know. I want to talk to you, princess."

Raymond

The rest of the messages were him asking where I am. I don't think he came home to search for me; otherwise, he would have found out.

Then there was a message from Daniel.

"Kim, did you leave school early? You didn't even bother to tell me? Is everything alright? Raymond was asking for you."

Dany

"I'm coming! Keep that window open."

Dany

I glanced at the window and realized it was already open.

My mind is still racing, filled with questions that are causing me pain.

Am I overreacting?

Maybe. Or maybe not.

Come on, you can't blame me. He stole my first kiss. 

I was still lying on my bed, lost in my thoughts, when I suddenly notice Dany entering my room through the window. I turned to face him and there he was, his face softened, his brows furrowing with genuine concern as he looked at me. The lines of worry etched on his forehead spoke volumes about his care for me. It was evident that he was genuinely worried about me and wanted to know what had happened.

I couldn't help but appreciate his concern, the way he seemed to be searching for answers in my eyes. There was a warmth in his gaze that offered solace, assuring me that I wasn't alone in this bewildering situation. In that moment, I realized how lucky I was to have someone like Dany by my side, someone who cared enough to run to me once he knew I was going through something.