chapter-27

Sophie Esinberg's POV

Everything feels unreal. I never expected something like this in my life. I'm still stunned. No guy ever paid attention to me and now I'm dating the 'Mr. Popular' of our school. Looks like an irony right?

It's been a week since I started dating Raymond. Yes, by now everyone knows this. Claire has been really helpful with me. Why? Because Ray makes me sit with his group during our lunch time but I'm still not comfortable being there. Though guys are really good and funny but girls are real bitches. Besides everything I'm not comfortable being around Ellen. I don't get it. She looks so comfortable with us- I mean me and Raymond but this is not the way you react when two days after your break-up your ex proposes someone else, right?

I'm still not ready to ask Raymond everything about Ellen. I'm scared. I'm scared that this happy bubble I found after so many years will get destroyed.

Call me selfish. Call me anything but I won't let anyone destroy this.

Dany is still avoiding me. Since our fight none of us have tried to talk. Although Raymond keeps telling me to talk to him but I ignore that part. Dany has been my best friend since forever, I know. But that doesn't give him permission to make decisions for me.

I'm standing in the school's parking lot now waiting for Raymond. He has his exam going on now and it's only ten minutes remaining until the exam gets over. It's our thing now. Raymond drives me to school every day and drops me home too. He has been busy lately with his football practice he asked me to come and see his practice. I'm going this Friday to see his match.

I saw Dany and Clara talking a while ago. Dany still doesn't know that Clara is in love with him or that's what she thinks. Dany still doesn't know all the humiliation I went through after he left. All the times when Clara insulted me. I never did anything wrong to her. I always thought that she is my best friend until she showed me her true colours. All those embarrassing moments, I still remember them. When she slapped me in the corridor, when she pushed me down the staircase and the time when she made fun of my thick glasses and oily hair. The time she told me I'm useless.

I saw Dany leaving after giving a slight push to Clara as she was trying to throw herself on him while hugging.

I seriously think he should know what she did to me. Or not. Let it be a secret.

Ughh

I was still waiting for Ray in the parking while I was tapping my feet in a rhythm I saw Clara coming towards me and standing in front of me with a scowl on her face.

I stood still ignoring her presence. The last thing I want right now I to talk to her. I kept glancing at the vicinity as if I couldn't see her standing right in front of me.

Suddenly grabbed my arm and jolted me to face towards her. I gasp in shock. What is it now?

"You bitch."

She said pointing her index finger towards me.
I stood there in confusion unable to speak anything.

"You think that you can wrap Daniel around your fingers by bitching him about me. Stop hiding behind that fake innocent face of yours. You've always been jealous of me, that is why you always keep hitting on things I have. You've got that hot boyfriend of yours fooled pretty easily but you know what Bitch. I'll show who you really are to everyone. Just wait and watch."

I stood rooted to my spot, my head facing the ground. I clutched my books tighter to my chest as tears threatened to come down my face. I don't know why she is saying this I never did anything like this. I never even thought of something like. I wanted to shout back at her but I couldn't. I don't get it. I argue with Raymond or Dany or Claire without any hesitation. But here, this girl standing in front of me doesn't even mean anything to me and I still can't fight back with her.