chapter-26

Sophie Esinberg's POV

I again glanced to the words written down on my sandwich.

Date?

And then it goes. My mind goes blank. I don't know what to say what to think. I stand there all consumed in shock. Then my mind and my heart started battling. My mind is putting up questions like

He still didn't give an explanation to you.

You shouldn't believe him, he's a player.

He is going to play with you too.

But my heart gives different opinion. My heart wants to trust him. It wants to know him more and connect with him, what my heart feels when I'm with him It's Different. My world becomes better, he makes me feel loved. The way he cares about me. The way he makes me laugh. The way his touch sends shivers down my spine. He was the first one who was proud of me being a nerd.

Maybe he sensed my confusion because the next sentence he said made me a bit relieved.

"Trust me on this Soaf. I won't hurt you. Please." I can see in his eyes that he is guilty. His eyes are mesmerizing. They communicate with me. I feel different. Then I ask myself a question.

Do you want this?

"Yes" I don't even know when these words came out of my mouth. Next thing I know is Raymond is hugging me so tightly as if his life depends on this. A smile stretched on my lips at his gesture.

A thousand questions are still popping in my mind. But for now I don't want them to disturb this moment. This moment is perfect. Picture perfect. Although Ray is hugging me I don't have enough confidence to hug him back. I keep my every thought aside and try to hug him back. It becomes a loose grip. We stay like this until we heard someone's footsteps approaching us.

"Kim Let- What the hell are you doing?" Dany yelled causing me and Ray to pull apart. My hands drop to my sides while Ray doesn't let go. His is still holding me in tight grip.

Dany is glaring at Ray while Raymond's smile is now replaced by a haunted look. I don't understand this. Is Raymond scared of Daniel? No. That's definitely not possible. Then?

Dany took two big steps towards me and held my wrist. His grip is tight. he looked at Ray and said

"Stay. Away.From.Her.", and the next thing I know is Dany dragging me out of Raymond's house, his tight grip caused his nails to bite my flesh. They will definitely leave an imprint. His jaw clenched and eyes furious. I looked at Raymond who was still standing, glued to his place.

Why isn't he moving?

"What is wrong with you, Kim?" Daniel asked me.

"I know why are you angry Dany but believe me he assured me he won't hurt me anymore, he promised."

"You don't know him, Kim. He's just a selfish bastard. All he knows is how to use pe-"

"Don't say that!" I yelled at the top lungs.

"You don't know him yet." Daniel replied, his eyes disappointed, lips curled down in a frown.

"I know him better than you." I sighed.

It is a futile attempt, I know. Daniel will never approve of my relationship with Raymond. But he is my best friend, right?

"He asked me out" I said, gazing at the ground.

"And?"

"And I said Yes", I replied.

All I heard was Daniel sighing before his footsteps fainted and the resonating sound of door slamming loudly killed the silence.