chapter-32

Sophie Esinberg's POV

"I know right. He looks so hot!" I heard Samantha drooling over someone in the flyer which is in her hand. Samantha is the receptionist of our building, that is Amanda corp. Applied department for interns. She is accompanied by Maddy. I don't know why but Maddy has this unusual hatred for me. I've never said anything to her, but her behavior towards me is always rude.

"Stop day dreaming. He'll be least interested in you. You know we hooked up at a party few months ago. He said said he would call me." Maddy chirped while filing her nails. Samantha and Maddy were sitting on their usual reception seat and handing the flyers to everyone who passed by. I was waiting in the line so that I could enter my attendance in Biometric attendance system.

"What!! You hooked up with him. Did he call you then?" Samantha asked

"Naah, but I think he forgot. Maybe I can remind him about this at the Award Function," Maddy squealed in excitement.

"He's practically your boss now." Samantha replied with a 'duh' expression.

"Yeah, but back then he wasn't so....It doesn't make a difference."

"Besides he is three years younger than you." Samantha said.

"Who cares?" Maddy cooed.

Finally it was my turn. I registered my Attendance by pressing my thumb on the machine and entering my code. Next I took the flyer from Samantha and approached towards my seat.

Finally settling on my desk I took out my stationary and started with my work, suddenly my gaze fell on the flyer placed on my desk.

My eyes widen in shock when realization hit me.

Raymond. On the flyer I saw Raymond. All suited up, his hair gelled back and as usual he was looking sexy as sin.

But he wasn't alone on the flyer. The mad standing with him was our Company's CEO and one of the greatest scientist known in USA. He was Xavier Reynolds.

Wait. His last name is Reynolds too?

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

This cannot be the truth.

I opened the laptop which was placed on my desk and googled Xavier Reynolds.

I clicked on the first article link.

Xavier Reynolds is the CEO of Multinational Research Organization known as Amanda Corporations. Amanda Corporations is American Research Organization that operates the Largest Laboratories in Particle Physics, Solid Physics, Nuclear Physics, Chemical Engineering and pharmaceuticals.

Age: 42

Born: March 14, 1974 , Florida, USA

Spouse: Amanda Reynolds

Children: Raymond Reynolds.

This was it. I closed the tab after reading the last line. Then everything happened suddenly, I was out of breath. The hall started spinning. I saw towards the other side, everything was going around in circles by now.

Then everything went black.

My eyes flew open when the ice cold water hit me on the face. It took sometime for me to adjust to the light which was penetrating my eyes. Finally when my pupils adjusted I saw Noah sitting next to me with a water bottle in his hand while Samantha started rubbing my back. Maddy was standing in front of me with a scowl on her face.