chapter-4

Oh no!

I'm late for school again. Mr. Hanks is going to be furious today. Seriously, Soaf, this is the third time in a week. 

I hurried towards the school entrance and as I reached the corridor, I noticed a guy standing next to my locker. The rest of the corridor was empty, and as I approached my locker, I saw a vague figure standing near it.

It was Ray.

But what is he doing here? He must be late for class. Why do you even care, Sophie?

"Hey, you're late!" Ray exclaimed with a concerned look on his face.

"No kidding, Sherlock," I replied, still catching my breath as I grabbed my books from the locker.

"Is everything okay?" Ray asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah, everything's fine," I replied hastily.

"Why are you still here anyway? Don't you have a class right now?" I asked, feeling annoyed by his presence.

"Yeah, I was just waiting for you."

Wait, can you repeat that?

"For me?" I said, giving him a pointed look.

"Yeah," he replied with a sheepish grin on his lips and a playful glint in his eyes. I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like he's looking into my eyes searching for something.

Snap out of it, Soaf.

"Why?" I asked, breaking eye contact and looking everywhere but at him. Well, I won't lie, every time he looks at me, my heart starts racing.

That's not good, is it?

"Why not? We're friends, aren't we?" he said as if it were an established fact.

Still, those mesmerizing blue eyes burning holes into the side of my head.

Wait, did I just say that?

"Maybe, but that doesn't mean you have to wait for me, right?" I replied.

"We're already late for class, princess. Do you really want to argue? Because I can do that all day, and you know I'm going to win," he said with a smirk.

Arrogant moron! With beautiful blue eyes.

Shut up, Soaf.

"Ughh, save me," I mumbled as I rushed towards the classroom, with Ray following me.

He doesn't have this class with me. Why is he following me?

As I opened the door, Mr. Hanks had already started teaching. When he saw me enter the class late, he became angry.

"It's the third time this week that you're late, Miss Esinberg," he huffed in annoyance.

"I'm extremely sorry, sir. It won't happen again."

"Alright, come on in," Mr. Hanks said.

Behind me, Ray was standing. As I reached my desk, I heard Mr. Hanks say, "Oh, late as usual. Get inside."

What?

Remind me again, why isn't he getting scolded?

I saw Ray approaching me. Marcus was sitting next to me, but Ray asked him to sit somewhere else.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"What do you mean? It's my class," he replied. I glanced at him through the corner of my eye. He still had his infamous smirk on those tempting lips.

This is not the time to have dirty thoughts, Soaf! "No, it's not. You don't have this lecture with me," I reminded him.

"Oh, really?" he replied, mischief dancing in his blue eyes. "What?" I asked, completely irritated by that smirk on his lips.

"Well, I just noticed something," he said out of nowhere, gazing at the board.

"And what is that?", I waited for him to continue and get it over with.

"It seems like you notice me a bit too much," he replied.

Though I blushed like a tomato, I tried to compose myself and retorted, "Cocky much?"

"Princess, I'm trying to concentrate here, but your presence is not letting me." Stop blushing, Soaf. He's just messing with you. Damn! My heart goes all haywire when he talks like that. Well, adding to my list of luck, now I have to tolerate him in Chemistry too.

Just my luck!

 I just rolled my eyes at him and tried to look at the white board in front of us. 

As time went on, my initial annoyance towards Ray transformed into something else entirely. I couldn't deny the growing fondness I felt for him. His infectious smile and witty remarks had a way of brightening my day. And those mesmerizing blue eyes... I found myself getting lost in them more often than I cared to admit.

One afternoon, as we sat in the library, poring over our textbooks, Ray looked up and caught me staring at him. I quickly averted my gaze, feeling my cheeks flush with embarrassment.

"What's the matter, Soaf?" he asked, a teasing tone lacing his voice.

"Nothing," I muttered, focusing on the pages in front of me.

Ray chuckled softly, leaning closer. "You know, it's hard to concentrate on chemistry when the chemistry between us is so strong."

My heart skipped a beat at his words, and I couldn't help but smile. Maybe there was more to our friendship than I had initially thought.

Get. Yourself. Together. 

How can you even dare to think he might be interested in you? You know the typical Raymond. He talks sweet to every girl he knows. And did you forget about Ellen? She will destroy you if you let anything happen between you and Raymond. 

New game plan. Try not to fall for Raymond's sweeter than a cotton candy remarks. Try to get out of high school alive. 

****

 Hey guys!
I know I said no updates for a month but I couldn't resist it. So yeah here I am with a new chapter.
Though it's nothing much in it. But I will still ask you
Please vote, comment and share

Thank you.