chapter-19

What are you doing Soaf?

You are letting him toy you.

He's using you- Again.

Suddenly I came to my senses, I jerked my hand away and stood up ghastly. What was I even thinking? This is wrong. This is wrong on so many levels. I can't let him play again. I can be another toy for him. I can't be his cover-up. I'm not so weak.

I'm strong. Strong enough to handle me. Plus I'm only acting like some bloody hormonal teenager. Okay. Fine. I'm a teenager but I'm seventeen. I think by now I should have quiet control over my feelings or at least I can manage not to show them. Right?

Raymond was watching me with a scowl on his face. Frustration was all over his face. But in his embrace, I almost forgot the presence of Mike. I jolted my head up and saw Mike giving me a confused look at my sudden reaction.

Poor boy. If only he knew what was going on under the table. A little blush crept upon my cheek as the thought came to my mind. But as soon as it came, there came thousands of reason why this was wrong.

Raymond is already dating Ellen. I cannot even think of this. No matter what I feel for Raymond but I cannot do this. I don't get it. What does he want?

He has a girlfriend and that too perfect in every aspect. Ellen is beautiful, much better than me. She is everything a guy would want. She can stand up for herself while I can't. In simple words, she's just perfect and she's with him.

I could laugh at the irony. I can see them perfect for each other. I want Raymond to get what he deserves, someone who matches his reputation. As much as I want Raymond to be with her I hate to see them together. It just gets on my nerve. Past week, I cried every night to sleep just thinking why I cannot be where Ellen is. Why I cannot be with him. I have plenty of reasons but I don't want to believe any of them.

Sometimes I wonder, is this the condition of every girl Raymond played with. Believe me, it's miserable. More than Miserable, I haven't found myself drooling over any other guy this much. But with Raymond it's different. Everything is different with him.

"I-I'll fetch something to eat," I replied trying to show no expression because I didn't want Raymond to find out that he can trick me with his player-ish ways.

Mike just nodded at this while Raymond's face still had a scowl.

I went to the kitchen and rested both my hands on the cabinet placing my head on the shelf and sighing in relief. Thoughts were still running through my mind and I don't know for how long I stood there leaning on the shelf and mumbling some words while I didn't even realize I was saying something. I was taken away by my thoughts.

I felt a hand on my waist. My spine stiffened. It was not hard to guess who it was as his one touch sent bolts of current down my spine. I was caught off guard. I wanted to run away pushing him but I was glued to the spot. I couldn't even move a millimeter.

I felt him leaning close to me. He placed his chin on my shoulder and I sighed. This was getting over my head now.

"Raymond, please. Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"What princess?" though I couldn't see but I could surely feel his smirk. As much as I wanted to stay like this even when I knew it was wrong.

"Please. Don't play with me. What have I ever done to you?" I replied jerking away from him and shifting so that we have enough distance between us as I turned around to face him.

"Hey-hey-hey. What happened?" he asked taking a step closer.

Was he oblivious of this?

"Don't. Just stay there." I said while showing him my hand gesturing him to stop.