19

✴Lucys pov✴
(P.S. the chapter you've been wait for!!)

"Were screwed." I say falling back onto my bed.

"Dont worry Josh will take care of everything." Bentley says getting off the bed and sitting beside me.

Just then my mom busts through the door, running over to me.

"Oh my god, Lucy baby are you okay?" She says pulling me into a hug.

Getting the life squeezed out of me, I say " Yes mom I'm fine."

Then a man walks in, I'm guessing the doctor walks in. He has dark black hair, with light skin and blue eyes. Yes fairly attractive for an older guy.

"Nicole, let me explain." He says walking towards us.

"Explain what Joshua? You've held my daughter in the hospital for almost a day, and you don't feel the need to call her mother?" My mother shouted. I covered my ears so I wouldn't get a headache again.

Bentley then stood up with hands out in front of him.

"Hey, hey let's not yell. It's not good for Lucy's concussion."

My mom then gave him a look like he was crazy.

"Who are you?" She asked with such attitude.

"My name is Benltey King, and I'm you daughter's mat-"

My mom's eyes then went huge and she ran over to Bentley.

"No! My daughter is not your mate! No, no no! She is only 17 years old."

The doctor grabbed my mom by her shoulders and pulled her back away from Bentley.

Me and Bentley looked at her with shock.

"Wait, you know what a mate is mom?" I asked confused.

Moving her daggered eyes from Bentley to me, her eyes softened and pulled away from the Doctor.

"Sweetie I was hoping you would never have to find out about this. I've tried to shelter you from it for so long. But yes I know about mates, werewolves and other creatures." She said with sadden eyes.

Then Bentley and Josh left the room with out saying anything.

"Why'd you try to shelter me from it mom?" I asked.

"Because I didn't want it to be your lifestyle." She said.

How would werewolves and other creatures become my lifestyle?

"So what I'm going to tell you is going to sound weird, but it will make everything in your life make sense."

I nodded.

"So do you remeber how me and your father met?"

"Yeah.." i said slowly. My mom used to tell me the story all the time when i was little.

When my mom was in college she would take night classes, because it was cheaper that way. Well one night she was walking home and she noticed three guys who were following her around. They then cornered her against a wall when my dad and three of his buddies came and saved her. She quotes, "he had a glow about him, like an angel", and to this day she remembers it like it was yesterday.

My mom then took a deep breath and looked at me.
"But that's not the complete story."

"Then what is the complete story mom?" I asked annoyed that she's taking her sweet time to tell me things.

"The guys that were following me, were not human Lucy." She then paused. "They were vampires."

"Like Dracula or like Edward Cullens?" I asked.