20

🚨Bentleys POV🚨

Lucy and her moms conversation took forever. After waiting for a long time I finally just walked in to the room to see Lucy asleep on the bed and her mom grabbing her things.

"Are you leaving?" I whispered to her mom.

Without looking at me she answered, "Yes, I need to make some phone calls. If she wakes up have Josh call me."

"Aright will do, oh and Ms. Crest, why don't you want me to be Lucy's mate?" I asked cautiously.

Her eyes which were just cold, softened the tiniest bit.

"Benltey is it? I don't not want you to be Lucy's mate, it's just Lucy's young and still learning things about life, and throwing all this on her will take a toll on her." She said,then pausing looking at Lucy.

"She has a big, fragile heart and I don't want her to have it broken. She doesn't open up much, and I fear that if she does someone will tear her apart."

"Ms. Crest, I can assure you I will never hurt Lucy. She is my mate and I will adore and protect her forever. You can count on that." I said walking over to Lucy's side.

Ms. Crest smiled at me and nodded.

"I know." And that's all she said before leaving the room.

I then sat down next to Lucy, grabbing her hand.

When I did she let out a relieved sigh, but then tear started to fall from her eyes.

"Lucy? Are you okay?" I asked placing my hand on her face. She placed her hand on top of mine.

"Bentley, my father wasn't attacked by some animal. He was attacked by your kind." She weeped.

Saddened, I lifted her up and sat on the bed holding her.

"Lucy, I'm so sorry."

"It all makes sense now. They wouldn't let us see him. They said he was too damaged." She cried more, kinda pushing me away.

I pulled her closer to me.

"Lucy, please don't push me away. Not all werewolves are the same. We all don't just kill people. It's not even supposed to be in our nature. " I said.

She cried some more in my arms before speaking again.

"I heard what you said my mom." She sniffled looking up at me.

I wiped her tears as I spoke. "I was hoping you did."

"Do you really mean it?" She asked.

"Yes, I mean everything I say especially when it comes to my mate. Like I said I will love you and protect you forever."

"How can you say all this if you barely know me?"

I smiled a little. "Lucy I feel like I've known you for my whole life a mates love is to be said the strongest and most passionate love to exist."

"Dont be mad, but I'm not ready to say the ' L ' word yet." It didn't make me mad, it kinda hurt, and Ace was whimpering. But we could understand. She's a fragile human, who's been through alot and needs time.

For now I'm going show her that she s my everything.

"But I can say that I like you. I like you alot."

This made me laugh.

"I like you too Lucy." I said before kissing her cheek.

▫ ▫ ▫ ▫

✴Lucys POV✴
(Next day, afternoon)

"Ready to go?" Asked Bentley.

I nodded. "Yup all set."

"Okay lets get going, your mom is downstairs with a suprise for you." He said with a mischevious smile.

"Oh no, what is it? " I asked. When my mom has suprises, they could be really good or really bad.

"Youll have to wait to find out he said leaving the room. I followed him through the tiny hospital, which is where my mom works. She told me it was private office but the place is actually huge.

We passed the front desk, and made our way outside, when I saw Dill and someone sitting in the driver seat.

It wasn't my mom. This girl had a short black Bob and was kinda short...

"Oh my god, Dana?" I said.

And sure enough it was my best friend Dana Tysin was in my car.

"Lucy!" She yelled hopping out the car and running after me.

She engulfed me in a hug.

"What are you doing here?" I cried out.

"I came to see you and I'm going to be staying down here for a little while!" She screamed.

I then too started to jump up and down n poo t minding my concussion. Bentley then placed his hand on my shoulder making me stop.

"Your head." He reminded me.

Dana then gave him a once over and smirked.

"Dana this Bentley, Bentley this Dana my best friend." I said introducing the two.

Dana reached her hand out shake his hand.

"Nice to finally meet you Alpha." She said catching both Bentley and I off guard.

"Alpha?" I said trying to play dumb.

"No need to hide Luce, Dana already knows everything." Said my mom approaching us.

"Everything?" I asked.

"Yup." Dana replied with a wink.

"How?" Asked Bentley.

"I'm a psychic." She said proudly.

Wait, hold up what? My best friend is a psychic?

"How come you never told me?" I asked sorta hurt. Best friends are supposed to tell each other everything.

"My fault again." My mom said putting her hands.

I shook my head. And sighed.

"Luce, I have to e.g. home and take o some things. Ill stop over later." Bentley said kissing my head.

"Okay, bye." I said smiling at him. How'd did I get so lucky to be 'mates' with him?

Once he left it was me, Dana, and my mom.

"Alright, we took care of the whole school situation, you can go back on friday. Dana you will be going to. I have to work right now, so Dana take her home." Dana nodded.

"Hey, I can drive you know!" I yelled.

"No you cant, you arm and your head. You can't drive for a week!" My mom yelled walking into the hospital.

I groaned. One week with out driving Dill?! How will I survive?

I got into the passenger seat while Dana took the drivers. As we were putting our seat belts on, Dana started to fidget with the music.

Until we came to throwback.

"I'm bringing sexy baackkk.."

🔼 🔼 🔼

Hope you like this chapter!!

Oh! And I wanted to start linking songs that relate to the story, so if you have any good ideas send them my way!!

Xo, daaprincess👑