S1E2: Getting Settled Pt. 1

SOA Theme ---->

S1E2: Getting Settled Pt. 1

"You're the voice I hear inside my head...."

- Joe Jonas 'Gotta Find You'

-

The next morning, I woke up to something wet on my face. I swatted at it and a soft whimper made me open one eye in curiosity. A sweet little puppy had climbed on my chest as I laid on the porch swing.

She was too cute

She was too cute. Her big brown eyes reminded me of when Mickey was a baby. I had been the proudest big sister to hold the little infant.

"I see you found a new mama, Kessa," Mick's voice broke me from my trance as I rubbed the soft fur.

Kessa barked as she saw my little sister and immediately jumped onto my chest and stood up on her hind legs like if she were a baby reaching up to its Mommy. I laughed at the adorable pup.

"Are you ready to come in or is he big outdoors comfortable enough for you?"

"Can we talk? About last night...."

"If you want to tell me that I'm wrong then I'm not going to sit here and listen," Mick laid down the law before I could even get a word out. "It's not even the fact that you come here acting 'holier than thou' just that I'm the one you take it out on," She handed Kessa back to me as the pup started to squirm and sat down beside me obviously ready for me to talk after she said her piece.

"You are not wrong, Michaela. The choices you make are your own but I want to make sure you don't get hurt."

"They aren't going to hurt me. And they aren't going to hurt you either, Stasi."

I couldn't believe that because when I left I was pretty hurt. Not physically but emotionally and mentally.

Before we could talk more, the front door opened and out walked my mother who held in her arms a basket.

"Is this my baby?! Nastasia Rose Casey, why didn't you tell me you were here?", My mom attacked me with a very warm embrace as I stood up. I held onto her like she were a lifeline and smelled the scent that represented home. The only thing that felt like home was being with my family and in my family's arms. "Oh baby, I missed you. Your dad's gonna be so happy to see you, il mio piccolo tesoro."

I smiled at the sweet name that my mother had called me ever since I could remember. Her little sweetheart was home. Let's just see if she really likes what I have become.

"Where is he?", I questioned.

"Out back in the guest house. He has been fixing that place up ever since Mickey was old enough to date. I think he wants her to stay close."

"Yeah, that sounds like Daddy's master plan," I joked as I placed Kessa on the porch. She ran in little circles and hopped around. "Look who's here....", My mom had glanced out over the yard and my sister and I turned to see that a police car pulled in.

"Police?", I was a little worried. My dad used to run with the Sons, so I was a little skeptical.

"Your dad's fine, Stasi. It's probably nothing. Entrare. Michaela, andare a prendere tuo padre."

"I'm not going inside."

"Fine. I'll go talk to him but Mick go get Daddy."

Michaela followed the rules after giving me a look. She knew I hated being in the dark about stuff but she also knew when Mom was trying to protect us from too much knowledge of something. I didn't care. I wanted to be in the light.

"Good morning, beautiful," Wayne Unser, one of my Mom's best friend's husband, said as he walked over. I walked over with her and tried to act normal. Though my hair probably looked a mess and I had yet to shower off the outdoors scent.

"Hey, Chief. I was just headed over to have a chat with Della. Is everything okay?", Mom's sweet charming side shone through and I watched as the chief of police blushed. "Everything is fine. I just need to have a few words with Michael," Wayne said.

"He's out back. My daughter, Nastasia, can take you to him."

"I remember. You did have two gorgeous little girls. Mickey and Stasi, right?"

"Yup. Stasi's the oldest. And you know Mickey," She pointed to me and then gestured behind her for Mickey. I waved politely but didn't get closer. Knowing I looked a mess, I tried to keep a distance. "Well, I should get going so Stasi...."

I took the lead as my Mom headed over to the Cadillac SUV and got in while I led Chief Unser to the back of our house. He kept up but for the most part he kept silent.

"He should be in there," I pointed to the guest house just a little ways past the pool that was covered up. Chief Unser gave me a small smile before he headed over as my Dad walked out of the guest house with Mickey behind him. She ran over as soon as my Dad was distracted by the chief.

-

"Let's get you in the house and cleaned up cause girllll...."

"Let's not do this right now. I'm so hungry right now."

"Ma cooked up a big breakfast and that's why she taking those extras to Miss Della. She has a whole spread in there," Mickey grabbed my hand and led me into the house while Kessa trailed behind us. "I didn't tell her you were here because I wanted it to be a surprise," She said as we carried my bags inside leaving them in the foyer closet.

I looked around in awe at the new changes. A large fireplace with our family portrait over it sat in the center of the sitting room with all new modern chic furniture that I'm sure my baby sister had a lot to do with. I loved it but the old homey feel was kind of lacking.

The kitchen was even better and going to be my favorite place in the whole house since it was stocked with food and had a breakfast nook that was filled with books and had a flat screen set up.

"Food. That seat right there. I'm staying for life," I joked.

"You and Dad. He doesn't leave that spot unless he gets a call from Clay or has to go out to buy something for the guest house. You'll love it. I got Dad to let me live in there until I get my own place."

"Sounds good," I said as I munched on some bacon and reached for some delicious looking fruit. Everything looked like an amazing buffet.

"Help me decorate and I'll show you the clubs," Mickey tried to make a compromise knowing my amazing skills in decorating and my love for the club. "Fine. You know I need to get out and drop it like it's hot."

"Who's dropping what like it's hot?"

I froze.

My awkward smile appeared as I looked up and saw my Dad standing there.

"Heyyyyy, Daddy."

😈😇😆😁 More to Come 😈😇😆😁