S1E11: Hurt Feelings Pt.1

S1E11: Hurt Feelings Pt. 1

Colin Farrell: How I picture Stasi's dad but with more salt in his pepper (talking about hair)

Fortunately, my mother was very okay and very well as she cooked up some dinner for my sister and I along with our father who seemed pretty happy to have his wife back despite her recent disappearance.

"You been looking for me?", I asked reaching over to grab a handful of cherry tomatoes from the salad bowl she had set up.

"I knew where you were. I just wanted to make sure you were okay and that me being gone for awhile hadn't upset you. It was only a week but I felt like it was longer."

"Abel's getting better. Getting ready to come home soon. You should come meet him at his Homecoming," I kept the conversation from taking a sour turn because she didn't want to know my thoughts on her just taking a leave of absence for no real reason.

"Are we going to pretend that this didn't happen?", she asked leaning against the island with a sad look in her eyes. "I can not let you get even a hint at what I'm involved in. You might take it to Jax or worse, your father. I never wanted to-"

"You shouldn't have married him! You shouldn't have had kids! You want to be this Queen and be our mother but that can't happen. I guess this is God's way of telling you to choose."

"Stasi, please..."

"Nastasia, don't you ever speak to your mother that way again," my father scolded, his blue eyes turning a hard glare on me that I could probably only remember getting a handful of times in my life.

"If you need me, then I'll be out doing anything but being here," I huffed taking my purse and dropping the uneaten tomatoes back into the bowl.

"Stasi,wait!", my mom called.

"Don't, Sandy. Just let her go."

I slammed the door of my car and just sat there thinking about all the shit that hit me this year like coming back here, finding Jax married with a kid, having someone killed, and I just could not get this gut feeling out of my stomach that some more shit was about to go down.

Turning the car on, I slipped out of the driveway and decided to call my best friend to have her meet me at her house.

"Long time, girlie," Bayleigh wrapped an arm around my waist as she handed me a glass of wine at the door. She wore glasses on the tip of her nose and her blonde hair was in a messy bun. "I been wondering when the club would stop holding you hostage and let you come get some of my loving," she joked giggling as we sat down and she grabbed her own glass of wine.

"It's not them, it's me. I'm sorry... I just I want to see where Jax and I stand and right now all I feel is this pressure to figure us out before the storms roll in."

"What storms, babe?"

"The ones that always come when the weight starts shifting around. I can tell Jax is coming up to be President and Clay getting too old for the job is making him stress over all the other shit in his life."

"Abel's doing so great though. He responds well to the treatments and his development doesn't seem stunted at all. I'm so glad to say that he'll be home and giving Jax the run around," Bay sipped her wine taking off her glasses as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Do you think I could do it? Be a Mom..."

"Have you and Jax talked about it?", her blue eyes widened with concern for me and I could see that she had jumped to a conclusion way above her head.

"I mean for Abel. He says he'll need help when the sweet little baby gets home but there's Gemma and her rules."

"Forget Gemma right now, Stasi. Do you want to be a mother to that baby?", that question was very hard to answer sometimes.

"He has one already."

She shook her head and set her wine glass on the table before taking my hands into hers.

"He has someone who conceived him, carried him with no remorse or regret for the pain they caused him, and gave birth to him after nearly killing him. You think Wendy wants to look Jax, Gemma, or any of the club in the face right now after she nearly killed their VP's son?"

"It doesn't seem right and I told Jax that I wanted to talk to Wendy to make sure she was okay with it. I could never take someone's child away from them like that."

She squeezed me in a tight hug with a deep sigh.

"Oh, my dear Stasi. Even though you are one of the baddest bitches I know, you still have the greatest heart of them all."

Her doorbell chimed and I raised a brow at the sudden distraction.

"It's probably Dave. I asked him to bring us some pizza on his way home. Do you mind?"

"Nope, I could really eat. I worked up quite an appetite earlier," I gave a sneaky wink and laughed maniacally just for effect.

"Ew! Keep that to yourself," she stuck her tongue out as she threw the TV remote at me and ran to open the door.

David Hale, still dressrd in his Deputy uniform, came into the living room with two boxes of steaming hot pizza, a bottle, and a smirk.

"What's up, Dave?", I asked as I stood up greeting him with a hug.

"Your boyfriend's gang."

"It's not a gang, Dave, and you know it. Stop messing with the girl and crack open that bottle," Bay shoved him almost making him drop the slice he had picked up after setting the pizza down.

She handed up plates and set some napkins on the table before going to bring David his own cup.

"So, tell me what exactly happened today that had you working up a sweat?", Bay started as she finished one slice and reached for her glass of wine.

I looked at David and then Bayleigh and then shook my head. There was no way I was giving away my sexy secrets in front of the guy that had a crush on me and my best friend who would probably ask for all the nasty details.

"Not gonna happen."

"Boo, you whore!", she threw a pizza crust at my head.

I ducked and started laughing at the pout she always used to try and trick me into doing whatever it is she wanted me to.

"Sorry, babe. I have got to go find this guy with blonde hair, blue eyes, and awesome tats."

"So I'm good enough to feed you but not enough to get some?"

"Maybe next time, babe. You knows I love ya."

"Shut up, Stasi!", she shoved me and then pulled me close to give me a hug goodbye. "Call me later or come see me at the hospital some time. I miss seeing your face."

"I miss seeing yours, too."

"Get a room, you two," David teased as he grabbed more pizza.

"Who says we haven't already?", we both retorted giving him a look and pressing a kiss to each other's lips.

I waved goodbye and headed out the door to go back home, although I did want to see Jax.