S1E9: My Guns Are Your Guns Pt. 2

Nala handed me the finished papers and I added them to my already fully done stack with a groan at how much we had actually accomplished just two weeks before my grand opening. The paperwork was the hardest but after that I'd have to get the place up to code and start remodeling. It could take months before the store was fully perfect but I had to open it soon.

"If I work the morning shift, I can take some afternoon hours," Jacey offered as we all sat around in my sitting room eating popcorn and drinking wine. "But then I'd have to take off on weekends."

"Stop planning, sweetie. You don't even have the job yet. Are you even qualified?"

"She's qualified," I added quickly as I saw the look both Mickey and Jacey gave to Nala who was very serious about professionalism and a certain working order of things.

"I didn't know you started taking employees. Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's just Jace and Michaela. I offered to give them the job when the store opened up. Is that a problem?", I didn't have the time to argue over who would be working inside of my store.

"I'm just saying..."

Instead of responding, I got up and headed into the kitchen to find my Dad reading something. He seemed deep in thought and I was curious.

"What you doing, Daddy?"

"Nothing, sweetheart. Jus' taking a look at some old stuff I been finding around."

He seemed sort of embarrassed about whatever he was reading so I knew he wasn't telling me the whole truth.

"Mind if I look at it?", I asked with a side glance at the papers.

He covered them up tossing his glasses to the side. I smirked then. He was up to something sneaky. Maybe Mom didn't know.

"It's a secret. A surprise for your Ma. So don't tell her okay?"

"What exactly is it?"

"You need your whole foot in the puddle, don't cha?", my dad asked giving me a playful glare as he pushed over the papers to give me a glance.

I smiled widely at the words on the paper. They were so adorable and sweet. My Dad didn't tell me he was a slick little thing.

"You want to renew your vows with Mom? That is so romantic."

"I do. I just want everything to slow down around here before we do it."

"That's going to be a tough one. Maybe we should get away and go to some secluded island and have your vows done there. It would be perfect."

I heard heels clicking on the floor and warned my Dad by putting my finger to my lips.

In walked my sister, Mickey, with a pair of cute heels on. She looked completely gorgeous but why the hell was she all dressed up like an escort.

Mickey's OOTD ↓