S1E10: Faint Of Heart

S1E10: Faint Of Heart Pt. 2

While I prepared to open my shop, I wanted to wear something amazing so I had a dress special made along with another outfit to change into as the night progressed.

Nala, Mickey, and Jace were all dressed and were waiting on me to come out and show them my own outfit of choice. I spun once and then twice deciding that something was off about me.

 I spun once and then twice deciding that something was off about me

"You're glowing, Stasi. I never seen you so happy other than that time you told me about Jax," my mother's voice broke into my thoughts and easily unlocked my worries.

"I thought you weren't coming back..."

"I never said that and you know I would never leave you guys or your father alone for too long."

"It doesn't even matter. You left," I started and a small sense of worry just hit me like nobody's business. "What if one day... One day I'm here and I have to explain why you left us, left them. You can't expect me not to get emotional. This is your family."

"You all are my family but when someone threatens our safety I have to handle it the way I see best."

"Will you stay for my opening?"

"I don't want the others to see me and know I'm here. They'll try to convince me to stay."

I frowned a little at the thought.

"And why wouldn't I try to convince you? I love you just as much as they do," I argued.

"You do. I know that and you know I know that but you can completely give me total understanding."

"Because I've left before. That's not the same and you know it!", I never got too angry to the point where I wanted to hit my own mother but she was making this hard for all of us. Why couldn't she just explain her reasoning and tell them the truth? Mickey was old enough, her dad would never leave her mother over something like this, and I just wanted us to settle down and be a family. "Well, if you are going then so am I. I let you leave us once, I'm going with you this time."

"So am I," Mickey's voice made us both jump and turn slowly to watch her give our mother a deadly serious look.

Mom shook her head and raised her hands to gesture at the both of us.

"Neither of you are coming with me. Michaela, stay with your father. Stasi, stop worrying. I will be fine and I will get back to you guys soon."

"Fine, whatever."

"This is bullshit!"

"Excuse me?"

I stood between the two of them knowing it could get ugly. Now that Mickey had spotted Mom the anger and betrayal was sure to burst out in an ugly way. She could only hold her tongue for so long, we all had dynamite tempers.

"Tell us the goddamn truth right now."

"No."

Mickey's eyes filled with tears washing out all her anger and replacing it with sadness.

"I'm the one who never leaves. I'm the one who always has to wait and wonder if you'll ever come back. You, Stasi, Dad. When is it my turn?"

"Stop it, Mick. It's not like that and you know it. We love you so so much. I came back to see you off. I can't wait for you to get a view of the world beyond Charming. But there's a right time for everything," I grabbed her wrist and then slipped my hand in hers intertwining our fingers.

She swiped at her tears and smiled sadly but I could still see hurt in her eyes.

Mom looked sad but she only finished doing what she had been doing before heading out the back door.

"I'll never get over it," she huffed in annoyance and then realized that she had on her fancy dress and this was a night of celebration. "But tonight! We shall party until my feet hurt and I can not feel my body."

I smirked knowing it was about to be a hell of a night.

"Where my two lovely girls going off to?", my Dad asked.

"My grand opening is tonight, Dad. I would have invited you but I know you-"

"Not another word. I'll go put on my monkey suit. This is going to be a family affair."

"But Mom's not here," Mickey added.

He didn't care.

I smiled at the show of support and we waited for him to get ready while Nala and Jace tried to see who could get tipsy first by the looks of their drinking competition.

"Ready to go," he announced.

All the girls whistled and Mickey and I giggled when he tried to do that James Bond look.

"Okay, let's go!"