S1E12: What If

S1E12: What If Pt. 1

"What's going down, Jax?", I asked as I hopped out of my truck and sat down on the bench next to Jax who was chewing on his cheek before he turned to look at me.

"Club shit," he said leaning over to kiss me on the cheek and stood up once Opie and Tig came out of the clubhouse.

I shook my head biting my thumbnail as I saw the way he glanced between Clay and Tig and his best friend.

"It's a struggle, hon," Bobby walked over patting me on the shoulder as he  headed to his bike.

I didn't care to know the details but I needed to know that Jax and Opie were going to be okay. Donna had been shook up when she came back to the shop but I could see her trying to push through it to keep her family's head above water. She didn't take charity and neither did Opie so this set up was going to get someone killed.

With one last glance over to Jax, I headed out not in the mood.

I ended up at the police station and spotted David Hale talking to some stick who looked like she was nothing but trouble.

"Finding trash off the street, Davey?"' I smirked at the look on the redhead's face as David turned red himself.

"Ahh. If it isn't Nastasia Casey, wannabe biker whore for Samcro. To what do we owe the pleasure?"

"Agent Stahl, right?", I tilted my head giving her a fake smile. "You don't want these problems," I stated with a threat clearly in place.

Dave grabbed me by the waist and nearly hauled me away from her but I stood my ground.

"Was that a threat?"

"No, it is a very real promise. You think I don't know who you are and what you did but it's nothing for me to call your Superiors and tell them you went Rogue."

"They would never believe you after all you are just a cum bucket for the Sons."

"Hey! Don't talk to her like that. You are pushing it, Stahl."

"Whatever. She's got nothing."

"Wanna bet? I know you fuck your partners so they stay on a tight little leash for you. Too bad tight isn't even a word we can use when describing you," I snapped pushing her to give herself up to the bait.

"Keep your friends close," she glared putting her shades on and heading into the station.

"What was that all about?", Dave questioned.

"She's stirring up shit. If Opie or Donna or their family gets hurt, I'm coming for that bitch next. She has no right to do that and expect everything to be okay."

"You gotta stay out of this. It's Samcro vs. ATF. You don't want to be in the middle."

"I wish it was that simple."

After leaving Dave at the police station, I headed over to Jax's house and noticed Gemma was there. I unlocked the door using a spare key and went inside.

"Didn't expect to see you here," Gemma said as she unpacked some groceries that she had bought for the house.

"Well, I'm casing this house so we can decide what we want to take to the new house."

"New house?", a familiar voice asked.

I turned to find Wendy holding a pack of diapers in hand. She looked sober for the moment and her bracelet told me that she was in Outpatient care for this moment.

"Yes, Jax and I have a new house. We just wanted to get Abel settled in here before we made the move. It's still getting finished. but for the most part all of the inside is completed."

"You could have told me that before I was scrubbing blood and vomit off the floor," Gemma snapped.

"We just decided to move. You should have left that mess for her anyways."

"You think you can come into this house and decide what's best for my husband and my son?", Wendy pushed.

"If he was still your husband, no. If you even gave two shits about Abel, no. But you don't, so get your head out of your ass."

Wendy's lips slammed shut and I shrugged knowing there was nothing she could do or say that would change my mind about her or what she did to these boys.

"You love them. Prove it."

Gemma just watched me but her eyes held something akin to sneakiness as I spoke my last two statements.

-

I found myself at the hospital an hour or so later and saw Jax holding Abel but Wendy was there looking over his shoulder smiling at the both of them.

Jax said something and she nodded smiling.

"Jealous?", Tara asked.

"Of what?"

"The fact that they are family whether you want them to be or not," she finished.

I shrugged. I had a big ass blended family. Why the fuck would I care about taking in a child who needs a mother?

"There's a difference between me and you, Tara. I don't feel like either of you are competition. If you see that then oh well, but no one... Not Gemma, not Wendy, not you, or anyone else can make me feel like I'm about to lose when you all know I'm going to win."

"Don't be so sure about that."

"Why can't we be friends? What vendetta besides the fact that your ex showed me attention even when you still had feelings for him do you have against me?"

"You don't get it do you, Stasi. This isn't about Jax. You think you can go away and come back like nothing ever happened. I was here first. I shouldn't have to worry about anything that involves you."

I could understand her point.

If my guy shows interest in someone younger than me, then I would be pissed if that same girl came back into the picture after being gone.

"It's always been about Jax," I smiled bitterly taking another glance at Wendy and Jax before leaving the hospital.