S1E9: My Guns Are Your Guns Pt.1

S1E9: My Guns Are Your Guns Pt. 1

-----

     Finally I returned home and could relax in my own space and bed without being interrupted by the world. Or at least for a few hours.

     "Get up, baby doll. Your friends are here and there is this one interesting character named Nala who has been running around like a chicken with her head cut off stacking boxes and equipment in my downstairs room. What is that about?", my mom sat down beside me on the bed and waited for me to stop staring into space.

     I turned to her after a couple of seconds and pressed the heel of my palms into my eyes to rub out the sleepiness that I was feeling.

    "Nala is my assistant for my store that I'm opening. She helped me get it going. Um, I'll need your room for a few days until we get the store opened properly."

     "Whatever you need, baby. How you feeling?"

     She had been waiting for this moment to ask me about how everything went down. I didn't want to mention it to either of them but if I didn't then I'd have my father coming to question me next. So I just spilled everything.

     "So you hired men to kill him? I could have killed him for you, Stasi. I could have made one phone call and you'd never be traced to it."

     "I still won't be, Ma. X is very talented in his skills. He'll have wiped that guy completely off the Earth. I gave him enough to support his family for the next five years. It's fine."

     She nodded not wanting to argue about what could have happened and let what did happen just settle her down.

     I finally rolled over to get out of bed, shook out my messy curls, and pulled on a pair of tights, a lace crop top, and a cardigan with some Uggs.

     "Nastasia, didn't you get my call?!", Nala rushed to hug me and then began to blubber on and on about getting the reception ready, the store set up, and bringing in new employees

     "Nastasia, didn't you get my call?!", Nala rushed to hug me and then began to blubber on and on about getting the reception ready, the store set up, and bringing in new employees. I listened until I couldn't listen anymore. "I'm going to head over to Lodi and get a hotel before I pass out. Try and at least go through some of that list while I'm gone, girl."

↑ cydney christine as NALA

--

      That was the assistant telling the boss to get to work.

      I sat down at the kitchen island and went through the list to find several things that I could complete easily and others I'd have to get a group effort from. Instead of hiring workers right now, I'd just hire my sister and friends to help me out. I know it's written somewhere to never mix business with pleasure but I needed every bit of relaxation and fun before I pulled on my boss lady pants.

      "What you doing looking all nerdy and whatnot?", Mickey came into the kitchen with my cutie pie, Kessa, and grabbed an apple from the center bowl.

      "I'm working and I just got this great idea since you are here and-"

      "I'm not helping you."

      "I'll pay you unless-"

       "What you need help with? I'm all yours," she sat down with this excited look on her face.

     I rolled my eyes and handed her a copy of the list and gestured with my pen at all of the things I knew we could get finished today in record time. She took two of the five things and I got started on the other three.

     An hour and a half later, I ended up at our spot with a handful of official papers that I had just got signed, a half eaten burger on my plate, and my phone just going crazy.

      "I see you found your way back," David Hale, Bay's brother, sat down in front of me with his uniform worn proudly.

      "It was a vacation, David. Not as if I was moving away."

      "You could have if you wanted to... You can do better than Charming any day," he told me as if giving me a warning or something.

      "I know I can but Charming is my home."

      After my talk with David Hale, I headed over to the clubhouse to check up on Jax. It wasn't to catch him with any of the prostitutes that linger around in hopes of giving the guys a good time. I just wanted to surprise him and see how he was doing.

     "Look who has risen from the dead," Jacey spoke up from where she sat in Happy's lap. I walked over seeing as she probably saw Jaxon hanging around if she's been here long enough.

      "Hey, Hap. Have you seen Jax around?", I asked the couple and they pointed towards the entrance of the clubhouse. "Thanks."

     The smell of booze and smoke hit me hard as I stepped inside waving to Chibs and Bobby while giving a few bitches some harsh glares by the looks on their already wrinkling faces. Half of them were old enough to be my mother and still looking like they would work on the Strip if someone paid them enough.

     I knocked on Jax's door to be polite and then opened the door.

      Seeing Tara there didn't make me feel good even with the tear tracks running down her face. I had no remorse for the girls that tried to take Jax away from me. She quickly wiped them and tried to appear unbothered.

      Jax came over and gave me a kiss but I wasn't easily distracted as I pushed him back and waited for Tara to make an exit.

      "Come on, Doc. We need ya," Bobby rushed to the door and gestured for Tara to follow him.

       "Go. It might be one of the club," I said barely even glancing in his direction as he stood off to the side. He finally got the message and left me standing in the middle of the floor clutching my purse and feeling anything but happy as I had been when I walked in.

      "Stasi? Hey, you heading out?"

      "No, why?"

      "I need to get up to your house and I don't have any money for a cab right now seeing as I left my purse at your house."

      I rolled my eyes playfully but handed the girl my keys. She looked very excited but I had a strict 'you wreck, you get your ass beat' policy on my ride. And the look I gave her made it obvious as she thanked me and quickly left.

      Deciding to stay, I laid atop my cardigan and fell asleep quickly not even realizing how tired I really was.